Skip to content

Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

571 results found

1. It would be nice if a dark mode could be added to Freedcamp, as available in many other applications such as Visual Studio, Office 365, Windows 10, etc.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There are many task completions I do not need to know. Ideal if somehow we can preselect the types of notifications to receive and able to turn it off and on easily. I'm getting task completion notifications I don't need to know about. I only want notifications on task I'm working on and tasks I'm tagged with.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. If there was an employee scheduling app or schedule maker that included a time card and time calculation, I would pay for it immediately. My employees are already trained to check in to FreedCamp.. why would I want to send them to one more site to clock in and out of work?

I've checked with several accounting add-ons to our other programs and none have a time-card, even payroll services do not! HUGE HUGE HOLE in the market that no one is filling well, or those who are want $100's a month and are missing out on business due to…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be a great future feature to be able to print a wiki page directly in a good format including the table of contents.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I suggest the document / file control. The case is if there are 2 peoples download the file and upload the new version ( their new version ) at the same time, it cant be defined which one is the latest.

So i Want the document can be locked. When someone A doing the document he must lock it first so someone B cannot download it or open it using your document editor app. Someone B can download the file after someone A finish his new version and unlock the file to be downloaded by someone B

Good job guys..…

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting.

Probably it should work this way. If you use FileEditor a file will be marked as locked by you. Other people using FileEditor will get a notice that file is edited by you and it is up to them to cancel or continue editing. Notice will state that their changes to a file can be overwritten by your edits later on.

If you do not use file edit and download a file – it will be a drop down button with two options:
    - download
    - download and lock
    In this case other person uploading a new version or also trying to download will get a similar notice.

Users uploading back directly or via FileEdit if a file was changed after they locked it will get a notice saying ‘File was changed – please consider uploading it as a new version as otherwise you will…

6. Its good to adjust the Issue Tracker to more flexible module which can support both Internal Issues and External Issues.

Requirements:
    -For external, there should be a link that external user can access.
    -External user can define the title of the issue, priority, description, email of the external user.
    -External Users should be able to post their issues and can receive replies via email
    -External User can search their ticket using Ticket Number to know its progress.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would be nice to be able to use negative amounts in complete invoice (credit invoice) or a single line on the invoice for discount purposes

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add an affiliate program so people can advertise your website. PPS, revshare, PPC, PPwhatever, your choice.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having the ability to inline reference to files in issues and tasks using a syntax like %(file id) would be quite handy. Similar to the ability to write #(issue id) in GitHub to link to it.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. In some cases it is beneficial to see new Tasks on top. For example, I have a list of Completed Tasks, but the most recently completed items are at the bottom of the list!
    I would also like to be able to sort by project, for widgets that include Tasks from multiple projects.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are already working now on a new concept called Dashboards that will support the Summary widget (pie, bar, battery, or card output), Table, and Buttons widgets. Essentially dashboards are custom reports and you can create as many dashboards as you need with as many widgets with drag and drop capability to set your perfect layout. Eventually, Dashboards will supersede the Widgets page. Dashboards can be private, shared with all team members (new members will see it too) or selected team members. Initially, dashboards will be added to the Enterprise plan.

11. I would like to start time tracking without having to add new time items but instead click inside a task on a button or in the listview

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We would love to see an option to send a proof (PDF or other file type/link) to people outside our Freedcamp team and allow them to sign off on the proof (or respond with changes), notifying everyone in the project that the piece(s) is approved.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be great if holidays were considered when shifting dates, or the option to be able to exclude or "not work" on holidays.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. At the moment when I add a tasky item with a date, it doesn't appear in my calendar for that date. Would be great to have this, otherwise Tasky's usefulness is diminished.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Like FreedCamp is the closest free version of BaseCamp, Discord is the closest free version of Slack! It would make sense to have some form of integration?

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Move files (individual or an entire version tree, with associated comments) to another project. In case a collaborator uploads something in the wrong place, or we have to restructure and split off part of a project, I want to be able to move things over instead of having to download it all, reupload it in a new place, and copy-paste all comments with dialogue notes into one massive weird comment in the new project.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. GDrive whole Folder link , not only files.
    Ex. I have project like "updating documentation". As a source is older with older documents from 2019 or 2018, it's much easier to add whole GDrive folder than add files one by one. The same with other cases - adding whole folder would be great for our team.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Obviously it's easy to filter on a status of "Open, Completed, Review, In Progress, Invalid". But what if I wanted to see "all issues NOT Completed".

Yes I could go in and create a positive filter "all issues with status of Open, Review, In Progress and Invalid" but it would be a lot easier to just say "not Completed" or "not in Review" etc.

Same for filtering by "User Assigned To".

We have a long list of Freedcamp users so if I wanted to see issues "not assigned to Chris" I'd need to select around 20 users except Chris. Whereas…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting. Great idea – just need to redesign filters so we add this option without doubling amount of options in each filter category.

Cheers,
    Igor

19. Currently, when you create a new task, assigned to field is empty by default, but it's a very useful feature (for me), if i can set - default is me, it would be great :)

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Zlatko,

Thanks for posting.

Do you think this has to be a default for all projects or only when you are the only person in it – a solo project?

Cheers,
    Igor

20. There should be a way to edit/modify/delete single events in repeating calendar events. Right now you can only modify or delete the entire series.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?