Skip to content

Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

44 results found

1. It would be great if it would be possible to add an email address (or several) for a discussions for people that are not on-board with the project or on freedcamp but just need CC info for a certain discussion. I used this on basecamp before and it was very handy. These "outside email receivers" can also reply (by email) and their comment will arrive in to the discussion thread
    Thanks

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We can only consider adding this function to only paid plans (not even paid plans trials) because Freedcamp is constantly tried by email spammers who try all they can to use us to send spam emails.

Regards,
    Igor

2. It would be great if there was a way to share a discussion through a public link. This would be good way to share info with clients that are reluctant to create a freedcamp account to access it. This way we have to continue to use email to have discussions.

Cheers and good work so far!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Include project name next to tasks on email notifications + "My Work" & "Important Updates" on Freedcamp.com

There are many places where you can see tasks that are currently active and assigned to you, including:
    • Daily email notifications from Freedcamp
    • Freedcamp.com dashboard: the "My Work" module
    • Freedcamp.com dashboard: the "Important Updates" module

However, the associated project name is not listed next to these tasks.

My challenge with this is that we often have the same tasks assigned to us across different projects. So seeing the name of a task is not helpful enough. Need to know which…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I guess this has to be optional. For a lot of users, your use case is not applicable but will make UI much messier.

Right now everywhere you can hover your mouse and see the project name and project group name associated with the task.

4. It would be awesome if there was a way that we could set due dates when using the Email-In function.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for posting! Will the following text inside the email body

→ 30/08/18

1. Create design 10/08/18 <→ 15/08/18
    2. Implement design 16/08/18 <→ 25/08/18

which will create a task from email with a due date 30 Aug and two subtasks with start/due dates work for you?

Regards,
    Igor

5. Managing email notifications is not intuitive. Email notifications are without a doubt, overwhelming as they are issued for every, every, every little thing. Freedcamp generates way too many notifications.

Notifications go out for change of status, for change of assignment and so on, yet it is not crystal clear in the email that gets received as to why exactly the notification is issued because the notification contains the entire task -- task headers and entire comment thread. My clients hate the email notifications and therefore disregard them completely. I have setup Gmail filters to essentially send all/any incoming Freedcamp messages…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Will it help if we allow to invite people and define their notification level for projects you invite them to? In this case, you will invite people with ‘none’ and they will be using a new Notifications page to catch up?

6. I realize this is not a short-term request and is a major shift from how Freedcamp works now so maybe this might be a consideration for when there is a major update in the future.

I love Freedcamp, but it has felt a little off to me and I couldn't put my finger on it until today. It feels backward as I'm using it.

If I want to go into the CRM, I have to first remember which project I attached the CRM to. Same with all the major apps: files, issue tracker, wiki, discussions, etc...

It would seem to…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jody,

CRM is a project group application https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/Pgaab

You can access project group applications from Project Board https://freedcamp.com/dashboard
    They are shown next to a project group name or inside project picker – same. You do not need to go into a project to access it. Side menu inside all projects in a project group will show CRM link to the same CRM added to that project group.

You are right to the point that Invoices, Passwords and CRM should probably become global apps not project group related – you add those who you want to be able to access it by selecting from invited users or just inviting directly to Passwords without a need to invite to a project first.

Regards,
    Igor

7. 79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. So you have the calls section but there needs to be an email section that for now you could at least track the emails that you have sent. Understand that connecting it to email is not on the list but just some way that I can put a note in that says I sent and email on such a date, content of it and then I can create a task to follow up. Right now I really dont see how I would do that.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Clint,

Probably easiest way for us will be to use Email In – https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/v9bab

in CRM allowing to see such emails in CRM and associate them with correct contacts inside Freedcamp’s CRM.

For emails you are sending to contacts – you can add BCC to post it to Fredcamp CRM. For emails from contacts – you can forward them to Freedcamp with email-in.

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Igor

9. Just like in Asana. This way, you can have one instance/organization for work, one for personal, or multiple for multiple jobs, etc. The best way of doing this now would be project groups such as Work1 - Project A, Work1 - Project B, Work2 - Project A, etc...but this gets clunky. Having different organizations, like in Asana, would be a huge benefit!

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Zack,

Thanks for posting:)

Asana/Slack organisations/teams create completely separated silos of things you will never see together. Correct?

So you are proposing to separate instead of adding, for example task groups tags and be able to separate (filter by tags),but also easily be able to see all your tasks across multiple jobs together.

Interesting ….

Cheers,
    Igor

10. It would be really useful to be able to convert a discussion to a new task. Quite often discussion leads to something that should be done or customers are posting requests as discussions, although they should be tasks. (You just can't handle them... ;)

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What should happen on conversion?
    a) a discussion with all comments is removed and turned to a task or issues
    OR
    b) a discussion gets a comment with a task/issue smart link appended to the description and the last comment and a new task/issue gets a link to a discussion in its description on conversion?

11. Once the topic has been successfully discussed and results have been formed, it is important to close the topic. There are other users, who were to continue to post more messages on the final post, where the summery of the results were posted.

There should be an option to "Close" the discussed topic.

Currently there is only option to "make it private" however, make it private restricts others to see the posts. The others should be able to see the posts, but no more comments can be done once the topic is closed by the topic owner.

Hope you look…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

I can share what we do

1. Edit discussion name and prefix with [CLOSED]

2. Post a comment with bold big text. ‘Discussion is closed’ If you want you can post a link to a task which continues it etc so people can follow in the same last comment.

Typically this is enough.

Cheers,
    Igor

12. It would be nice that, instead of leaving the back color of the name tags grey, they could be colored (just like the Priority tag) so it's more immediate to see which task is assigned to whom. Right now it gets a bit blended with the due date and between the name tags.

I don't think it needs consistency beyond the project (like having each user its "own" color, which sounds very silly and impractical).
    Perhaps havign a set color for the creator-administrator of the project/task could be of some use.
    And it would need to avoid the colors already…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Being able to preview files (such as pdfs) in the same window and/or browser would be extremely helpful.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can we do something to automatically adjust the duration or due date of a task that is dependent on another task or subtask? What if the task or subtask it depended on slipped it's due date? There is no auto adjustment to the project schedule of the connected task. This is the strength of MS Project that is critical.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

As we noted in Gantt beta notes here – https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/hJbab :

“No auto or even manual adjustments in this version. Auto-adjustment forward is when task completion is overdue and all start dates for dependent tasks start moving forward automatically. Auto-adjustment backward is when task is finished sooner all start dates for dependent tasks are also automatically moved backward so they can be also started sooner. Manual adjustment is when B depends on A and you drag A forward it pushes B forward too (same if you drag A backward) – manual in this definition is that you are making changes but Gantt understands dependencies and moves dependent task accordingly.”

We will probably start with manual adjustments:

If B depends on A:

- you drag A forward, B will also move forward (if B has no other dependencies preventing it)

- you drag A backward, B will also move…

15. It would be nice to be able to attach a custom poll at the end of a discussion post.

I think a lot of people use Freedcamp for collaborative projects where there's a regular need to choose between different options, and a poll would be way easier to manage this than everyone posting their own opinion as a comment to the discussion.

150 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All!

Should a poll have an optional due date after which voting is not allowed?

Should we send people having access to a poll who haven’t voted yet reminders and if so – how many and how often?

Thanks
    Igor

16. A lot of milestones are cross project milestones. It would be great to have the ability to add a milestone to a whole group

89 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Thanks for posting.

My understanding is that you want:

- ability to add project milestones to project group milestones

- ability to add project group milestones into a global milestone.

- ability to add project tasks to a project group milestone directly

- ability to add a task to a global milestone directly.

Cheers,
    Igor

17. Would like to be able to hit a button and start/stop to log time against a project, with a description of what I was working on. Toggl.com is currently the best implementation of this idea that I'm aware of. Would gladly pay for similar functionality, at the kind of prices now being offered in the marketplace. This would easily integrate into the current "Time" feature, though--seems a logical extension.

Apologies for similarity to existing suggestions—just doesn't seem it's been expressed quite this way before.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have Time Tracking application which does what Toggle does. Any clarifications are very much appreciated.

BTW We have another suggestion posted with more votes to integrate Tasks and Time tracking.

Cheers,
    Igor

18. 215 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have two use cases here.

1. Making is super easy to work with clients. Clients can see only Discussion and Tasks which specifically marked as visible to them. Rest is not visible to them

2. Allowing true privacy – concept described by Caroline. Once this mode is enabled users can create private tasks and decide who they want to share it with.

@Caroline – I assume project and project group administrators should be able to see private tasks. Right?

NEW UPDATE

Probably we should move Private Tasks and Private Discussions into a separate add-on which is not available by default.

We have requests for private tasks and we have requests for disabling privacy – when a teacher in a school does not want students to create private tasks at all.

I assume functionality similar to Private Discussions we already have in Freedcamp is what you are after.

OLD UPDATE

19. I noticed it's been slightly annoying for having to go back to the Widgets Board to view recent activity. What if the recent activity of a project is displayed above tasks and other app tabs? So you can view just recent activity of just that project so it takes out the extra step of going back to the Widget Board and scanning through the recent activity on the Widget Board. The recent activity on the Widget Board is great to view it as a whole but it would be awesome to also be able to see it by the project…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I haven´t found a way to list my tasks by project name using the search box. For example, all tasks from projects with "design" in the title. Currently, it can only find strings in the task description, so I must copy and paste project title in every task created. It would be great to filter the task list by project group too.

For example, if you type on tasks Board in search: ptitle::design
    - it will only search in projects with the name including 'design'

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)