Skip to content

Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

566 results found

1. For my purposes, individual Projects represent some concrete deliverable of worth on its own, as opposed to just steps to complete some larger effort (Tasks).

It could very well be, though, that a larger project depends upon the completion of a smaller project. This dependency project may be pursued either for it's own independent value, or perhaps only as part of a larger effort, but it nevertheless offers some value on it's own - thus it qualifies as a "Project".

It would be valuable to be able to formally link such projects together such that the completion of one is…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I would like the ability to allow designated users to see all projects in a Project Group (and all future projects in that Group) without needing to have them be added to every single project on an ongoing basis, but also without granting them Admin for that Project Group.

Generalize the notion of the permissions across a Project Group, so we can create "Group Admins", "Group Contributors", "Group Viewers", etc.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be nice to have a password tab and have the passwords located in each project rather than have all the passwords located together.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for posting . We will make all applications in Freedcamp – project applications one day and allow you to consolidate views per project group and global boards from different projects to a single view.

Regards,
    Igor

4. When looking at a project, it would be nice to have the ability to reorder the display of the apps in the tool bar. For instance, Milestone may have more significance than Discussions in a project, so I might want it to display more towards the front/top of the list. Yet on other projects the exchanging of files might be of greater of significance, so it should be of a more forward location.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We have several part-time staff and would be great if we can have times when they are available/work.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. it would be helpful to disambiguate project categories which might be the same across different sets of collaborators if the groups displayed as:

<owner>/<group name>

instead of just the group name in both the dropdown and blotters.

It's not hard to imagine that multiple collaborators or orgs having the same or simlar project groups as they might have similar department names.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We want to use your site but need a function that will allow us to vote on issues and proposals.

Loomio (https://www.loomio.org/) is the easiest way to make decisions together.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be a great future feature to be able to print a wiki page directly in a good format including the table of contents.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. At the moment the calendar and task widgets displays only the subtask name. Having the option to display parent tasks would make the calendar more informative.

For example Task1 "clean study" has subtask "clean windows", and Task2 "clean bedroom" has substask "clean windows". So the calender would be more informative it listed. -Clean Study/ Clean windows and - Clean Bedroom/ Clean windows.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robert,

I do agree but Calendar cell has limited size. “Clean Study/ Clean windows” will probably fit but not “[BUG] Complete date shown without accounting users TZ/ Check other application where we show dates”.

may be in Agenda view and Day view only and on hover/click in Weekly and Monthly views?

Cheers,
    Igor

10. Obviously it's easy to filter on a status of "Open, Completed, Review, In Progress, Invalid". But what if I wanted to see "all issues NOT Completed".

Yes I could go in and create a positive filter "all issues with status of Open, Review, In Progress and Invalid" but it would be a lot easier to just say "not Completed" or "not in Review" etc.

Same for filtering by "User Assigned To".

We have a long list of Freedcamp users so if I wanted to see issues "not assigned to Chris" I'd need to select around 20 users except Chris. Whereas…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting. Great idea – just need to redesign filters so we add this option without doubling amount of options in each filter category.

Cheers,
    Igor

11. I would like to be able to direct a contact to the add contact form and them enter their own data. Of course we can't let them into the database to see or alter anyone else's contact information.

I am working with a volunteer organization that could recruit dozens to a hundred volunteers to put on an event. I'd prefer not using one of those volunteers to key in contact information from paper or electronic forms. Importing the data from a XLS is another way to accomplish this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rick,

Thanks for posting. Definitely not from PDF – I corrected to XLS.

Wouldn’t it be better to add more fields to My Account and display that information in CRM.

I am also thinking of renaming CRM to Contacts to display – team, contractors, freelancers, clients etc.

Cheers,
    Igor

12. Add the option to show calendar weeks left of the calendar in "month view". Note: this needs an option for regionally different calendar weeks (First day of the year, first full week, first 4 day week)

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like to search the CRM for people with specific interests or talents to assign to a task.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Users in China have trouble connecting to Google Drive; only through VPN it can be used.
    China has great alternatives, such as Baidu Cloud and AliCloud. Within China these are fast as lightning, and they allow the user to set up a virtual disk.
    I think it is quite easy to do. And a similar charge would be no problem for us.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be very helpful to add an "extended" column to the invoice (quantity x rate). Also, the Total Quantity line is pretty meaningless for heterogeneous invoices (mixed product, labor). Can you create an option to turn it off? Finally, the totals should be
    * Subtotal
    * Shipping (manual entry)
    * Tax
    * Total
    * Deposit
    * Balance

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alan,

We can do anything!

However we do not have resources and investors – http://blog.freedcamp.com/2015/11/25/sponsor-feature-development-get-freedcamp-life-time-free-with-unlimited-storage/

So we have to ask users who REALLY need something to help us and we will give you a great value in exchange in Freedcamp services back.

We do the same to about 3 non profits a day with the only difference – we do not ask anything in return from them.

Cheers,
    Igor

16. It would be very helpful to know that the Freedcamp backend actually initiated the email. Particularly with "remind client" I have no idea whether anything actually happened.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be very helpful to add filters to the invoice module so I can look at specific time periods, what's overdue, invoices to a specific customer, etc. Amount totals would reflect the current filter.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sorting by due date is only useful when I can see what the date actually is.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Be able to have a hyperlink to desk tickets created from desk.com or some integration with the website to locate desk tickets within each task on FreedCamp

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi Freedcampgroup,

so far im very happy with your tool. but 1 think im reallyx missing is the function to set individual role permissions. just a simlpe checkbox list which role is able to use which function. your predefined roles are not bad, but for several use cases i would like to have the option to define my own user roles with own rights. cazse right now setting up this project this can be a show-stopper for me :(

best regards

186 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?