Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

1. I am trying to convince my organization to use freedcamp to communicate what they're busy with/working on. One of the primary objections is the unsophisticated reporting. The digest is a good feature, but it essentially amounts to a list. My manager wants reports in a specific format. Freedcamp provides all the information he is asking me for, but not in the format he wants. If I could either customize reports or export project data, I could provide him with a report he would be happy with.

This goes along with the request for an API, as well. I am a…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

If your company will be willing to sponsor this feature to deliver it sooner, we are open to provide you with great discounts and upgrades in exchange.

Regards,
    Igor

2. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Is there anyway we could generate report end of the month?
    For eg: How much work emp:"A" has done is so and so month compare to emp:"B"

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Pictures is a way faster to identify things, so it will be much cooler than text to see the working project logo on your go, it is too important to have this I think .

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. We need a dashboard view for our project status meetings that would show us a list of all projects and the next milestone and outstanding to dos for that project.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When I edit an existing to-do item with a quotation (") character in the title, your system erases all text after and including the first " mark.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I had some trouble getting Freedcamp to display tasks based for individual team members. I achieved this by creating a "To-Do Widget" for All Projects, Not Completed, Count: 20, Title: My Tasks.

This comes out of the box with Basecamp with their user pages -- and since many of your users are Basecamp users looking for a free alternative, it would make sense to provide a more intuitive solution for novice users to achieve this.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Under discussions comments, show the date the comment was posted as opposed to xx days ago...

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I have several projects in my list, but I use Freedcamp for 1 project mainly. I have to choose this project and then its To-Do page every time after login. I propose to add a possibility to define a default Project and its page - this would be displayed after login instead of current Dashboard page. Thx

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Easy fix (if it is agreed this is a problem) -- just add a 5-second timeout so that, if I have a 'new' task (that I have not marked as 'in progress') and I click the checkmark icon twice (to go immediately from 'new' to 'in progress' to 'complete'), an 'in progress' notification email should not go out (as it is unnecessary)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently wall concerns all projects, and we do not have option to easily exchange informations in regards to specific project, because i see comments concering one project in other projects wall. Lots of comments --> chaos. I mean - we could use one group wall, but on project walls we would like to see projects only coments. There could be easy option (the same as privacy) - When wall post is filled in projects wall - then on default should be visible to that projects wall. Optional button: "visibility" (with options: project / group) would do the trick.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are not sure if we will address this in V3 (which already does change this by offering actual Project Wall/Pages) or in V2. I will discuss with my Team as we agree with all the points brought here especially when it comes to clients.

12. I could help translating into Polish language.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Its missing so much. For example how to use ALL the apps. Time for example is not covered.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When one person signs in, it should show their name and/or photo so anyone else using the same computer knows whose account it is, and if they need to switch to another account.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show all milestones a person has on the dashboard without showing everyone else's on a calendar or list feature.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice to be able to assign a number of users to a particular group. When creating a new project or discussion it would be easy to identify the group or groups involved. An indirect outcome of this is that one email to users could invite them to a group without needed to invite them to every different discussion!

44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I'd like to be able to turn on Plain Text notifications rather than html mails.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently my file repository is hit and miss. If I rename a file and upload with a meaningful name, it's great. If others upload, I end up with files like ss8-xyz.doc and ghjbghjsdf.pdf. Would be good to be able to change the 'Display name' for each file regardless of what the actual file is called.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be helpful to have formatting options for Wall posts. Otherwise, lengthy Wall conversations can be difficult to read, particularly when we try to use bullet lists.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One place it would be very helpful is inside the popup after project creation if I have lots of project to create and I have and want to activate all the applications (including those from the Marketplace)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?