Skip to content

Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

668 results found

1. There should be a desktop notification feature for every new activity on Feed-camp, It is because it is bulging out my Gmail with notification emails individually for every activity.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I'd like to be able to create team members without inviting them. Useful for showing task assignment to freelancers/contractors.
    A workaround is using dummy email accounts, but this shouldn't be necessary.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Our team works through daily tasks using the "My Work" view, and since a lot of projects use the same tasks, having the project name attached would help differentiate.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Instead of just project templates we want to make templates for Task lists that we use alot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Why not to create a project called Task list templates (archived) and copy task lists from it to existing or new projects on as needed basis?

Copy and move tasks and task lists between projects is available on all paid plans. The Free plan allows to move tasks between task lists and copy tasks and task lists in the same project.

Regards,
    Igor

5. Be able to collapse all of my subtasks so I can see only the main task listed but can click on the task I am working on to see that specific task's subtasks, as opposed to only being able to see all or none

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi,

While using the Gantt-chart it's not easy when tasks have a start date in the past. The task is potentially out of sight because it's far to the left from now.

I think it would be a great improvement to the gant chart that:
    If tasks that have a start date but are not set to in progress/completed would shift automatically in the gantt chart to the now line. To complete this, a task with a start date and set to in progress and not yet completed should stretch in the Gantt chart to now or show the yet…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be so useful to have the possibility to show an event on the calendar every day the event is still on. For example: the event starts on the 28th of May and ends on the 3rd of July - it will now only show on the calendar on the start date and the end date. But we would love to have the option to make it show on the calendar every day inbetween as well, so we have an overview of all the event days.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be useful to choose whether custom field templates apply to tasks, sub-tasks or both. We are managing all the relevant info e.g. donor name, donation designation, amount etc using custom fields at the task level, and then use sub-tasks to manage the granular activity e.g. complete research, collate info, draft proposal etc but we do not need the custom fields against these subtasks.

This is particularly relevant when we have mandatory text fields which are required at the task level but are not needed against each sub-task (therefore user has to populate the field with N/A or just…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would like to have a report of tasks with photos or add a user as observer without signing up.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Events should appear in Gantt chart overview to prevent conflicting events/tasks. An event is just a planned fixed task. It would help scheduling to be able to see those events within the Gantt chart view without having to duplicate the event as a separate task.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice if I could collapse tasks that have sub tasks underneath them

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'd like to be able to send a basic explanatory video to my clients to help them get started - thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Lynne,

Please post questions to help@freedcamp.com.

Here is Freedcamp YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCntHp8am8zrxXEb_9QTpFbA. Please explore.

Most of the time each service related business wants their clients to be using Freedcamp in a very different way. Some do not use Discussions and some use Time Tracking so it will not be possible to create just one video and explain just what you need without overloading your customers with extra info they may never need.

From what I know – typically, businesses create own induction video for customers and post it to them as a link during invitation or personally.

Regards,
    Igor

13. Currently in the "Activity" widget, we can see that a change was made to a specific item/task, but we cannot see exactly what was changed. It would be good if we could see the old value versus the updated value.
    For example: user X changed the due date of task Y from Z to W.

Also, the activity is currently limited to 20 rows; what about the rest?
    Thanks!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Because we have so many projects, I find that the Recent Projects Lists gets in the way instead of helping me find what project I am looking for. I would like the ability to turn this off so it doesn't show.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Right now you can filter for individual projects and see all the tasks related to that project. What I’d really love is if I could have a project-level view, where I can just see the start/end date of the projects spanning across various weeks. That way I could look at a given month and see high level which projects the company is focusing on, and decide when I should time out the start date of a new project. Right now, I know there is an end date to projects, but not necessarily a start date (but maybe that is the…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A simple word report with the possibility to make a journal of all the description we wrote in each tasks.
    I use the description field to write formatted reports with protocols for trials and results, i add files. But at the end i would like to generate and download a single Word file in one click for a given project with all the data, description and optionally all the file that were integrated in the project. What do you think ?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Right now you can’t set start/end dates for projects in order to do high level planning. Would like to set a project start/end date and be able to have a calendar view where you can just see the the projects (not tasks). Perhaps you would have the ability to add milestones. This would essentially be a type of filter on what to display in the calendar. This would help with program planning for people trying to rollout many projects at once.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed as part of Project Overview https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/T5dab on the and Custom Fields for Projects – https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/oMhab on the Enterprise plan

Gantt for projects will show it better than Calendar – https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/hJbab#gantt-for-projects and will use project start/end dates set in the Project Overview application.

19. Star feature should be one click on the task. This will quickly enable us to categorize certain tasks.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Its would help scheduling that if a project or all projects that are linked in time and dependent of one anothers completion that if a single task has to be scheduled forward in time or took longer to complete etc. that all the tasks post this modified one were rescheduled automatically in time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?