Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

1. Assign task to more than one person

Currently you can only assign a to-do to one person or every person.

It would be great to be able to assign a to-do to 2< people.

1,055 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    103 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tasks - more Progress Status Types

It will be great if you add task statuses different than 'in progress' and 'closed' i.e. we are software company that have different workflow:
    'not started', 'in progress', 'done', 'for testing', 'competed', 'archived'

691 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    97 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We think that each task can be only in progress, not in progress or completed but true – not in progress task can have a clarification sub-status like ‘waiting for a feedback’ or ‘postponed’ and we do consider adding sub-statuses in the future. Things like ‘Testing’, ‘Review’ – task lists can be used to handle. A task in ‘Testing’ task list will still be in progress, not started or completed because if you set it as status you will never know if actual testing phase not started, in progress or completed. To handle this in Kanban view we plan to allow to switch Kanban view to show columns as task lists in addition to by status available now. Hope it helps what is planned and what to expect.

Summary:
    - add substatuses (allow to edit them)
    - Kanban columns either per status+sub-status or task list

Please email your…

3. Integration with Slack

Slack is a chat service for teams. It would be nice to see a Service Hook for it.

677 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Update: We are in Zapier beta and will be launching it publicly at Zapier and Freedcamp very soon. You can use Zapier now to connect Slack and Freedcamp

Cheers,
    Igor

4. Integrate Tasks and Time applications in Freedcamp

It will be great if for every to do you can enter the estimided time, the time used in the task and the % of complete of the task!
    I have used a lot of similar softwares that have this, but neither of them are as simple as freedcamp, i think that if you can integrate that as simple as you do everything it will be more than GREAT!

506 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    48 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Set estimated hours for a task

I need some way to be able to say how much time is to be spent on a task, and then to track that time as it is used. All tasks at the moment are tracked by milestones, so far as I can see. Setting delivery dates is fine, but without know just how many estimated hours are left, and how far through each task is, it is difficult to plan daily activities to meat those milestones.

318 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Project Expenses

The ability to track expenses associated to a project.

314 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Have a webmail client built in with ability to save an email to a project

If there was an email tab that connects to a users inbox e.g. via IMAP a user could then work mostly within Freedcamp.

If there is then an email that might be of use to other users, this email could be dragged and dropped to a specific project (perhaps saved as a note?)

269 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 256 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

New chat app is almost ready – it will support mobile, desktop and web and have text, voice, video and screen sharing released on different plans.

Text chat will be available on the Free plan.

Regards,
    Igor

9. Mobile app - add Discussions support

Please add Discussions to mobile application in addition to tasks

230 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create milestones in Gantt charts

Create milestones in Gantt charts: when creating a task, it would be great to be able to configure milestones related to such a task, so it would be visually present in the Gantt chart of the related task.

204 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 2-Way sync with Google Calendar

I would love to be able to sync my Google calendar (both ways) with Freedcamp to allow me to see events that I create in Google Calendar in our Freedcamp, as well as items that I create within Freedcamp on my Google calendar (e.g. 2-way sync). This would be especially helpful when creating events that require invitations to be sent to people who are not Freedcamp users, (e.g. clients) and would allow us to easily duplicate events easily into other (e.g. Personal) Google calendars.

190 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Please give me an example of a system out there where you can take calendar to Google, change an event in Google Calendar for that system and see changes you have made back in that system.

Thank you,
    Igor

12. Tasks - make them assigned/visible to User/Group/Private

Make them assigned and/or visible to User,Group,Privat...

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have two use cases here.

1. Making is super easy to work with clients. Clients can see only Discussion and Tasks which specifically marked as visible to them. Rest is not visible to them

2. Allowing true privacy – concept described by Caroline. Once this mode is enabled users can create private tasks and decide who they want to share it with.

@Caroline – I assume project and project group administrators should be able to see private tasks. Right?

NEW UPDATE

Probably we should move Private Tasks and Private Discussions into a separate add-on which is not available by default.

We have requests for private tasks and we have requests for disabling privacy – when a teacher in a school does not want students to create private tasks at all.

I assume functionality similar to Private Discussions we already have in Freedcamp is what you are after.

OLD UPDATE

13. Add ability to set a start/end time for Tasks.

Start 11 am 15 Oct - Due 3 pm 16 Oct
    This can then transfer to the Task widget, allowing tasks to be listed in order of due by during the day.

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. GIT and Mercurial Integration

Maybe just support popular source code hosting sites like github and bitbucket.

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Since everyone here is a software developer – let’s get serious about it → define scope, count how many people can contribute and either collect money directly as a donation or go Kickstarter just to add this extension for you.

Other option – one or few business sponsors who already use Freedcamp and need this extension – http://blog.freedcamp.com/2015/11/25/sponsor-feature-development-get-freedcamp-life-time-free-with-unlimited-storage/ – you will get a great deal of paid services free in return – we promise.

We know that a lot of software developers use Freedcamp to talk to clients and use other tool to manage software development process and we understand pains of using two systems.

We would love to but have no resources now to open Freedcamp to allow you guys create extensions (both free and paid) and offer them on our marketplace like SalesForce or Apple do.

It is a part of our vision but we haven’t…

15. Customisation of UserRoles

Hi Freedcampgroup,

so far im very happy with your tool. but 1 think im reallyx missing is the function to set individual role permissions. just a simlpe checkbox list which role is able to use which function. your predefined roles are not bad, but for several use cases i would like to have the option to define my own user roles with own rights. cazse right now setting up this project this can be a show-stopper for me :(

best regards

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Notes" tab for projects

Right now we use the Discussion board for notes, but it seems a little more than what is needed for basic notes. Re regularly like to update the project about contact that we have with our clients and having a simple tab where we can just say "Add Note" would be great. That way a list of our notes is in chronological order and easier to navigate than the Discussion tab.

152 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. iPad application

please develop and release iPad app as soon as possible.

140 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Possibility to attach a poll to a discussion post

It would be nice to be able to attach a custom poll at the end of a discussion post.

I think a lot of people use Freedcamp for collaborative projects where there's a regular need to choose between different options, and a poll would be way easier to manage this than everyone posting their own opinion as a comment to the discussion.

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All!

Should a poll have an optional due date after which voting is not allowed?

Should we send people having access to a poll who haven’t voted yet reminders and if so – how many and how often?

Thanks
    Igor

19. 125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Toggl Integration

Currently using Teamweek to plan out the tasks in a visual manner, and Toggl to track the time, it would be great to have this as a timer option for thing like tasks under projects.

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions for Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base