Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

it would be great to have ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Assign task to more than one person

Currently you can only assign a to-do to one person or every person.

It would be great to be able to assign a to-do to 2< people.

921 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      97 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Integration with Slack

Slack is a chat service for teams. It would be nice to see a Service Hook for it.

634 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Update: We are in Zapier beta and will be launching it publicly at Zapier and Freedcamp very soon. You can use Zapier now to connect Slack and Freedcamp

Cheers,
        Igor

• Tasks - more Progress Status Types

It will be great if you add task statuses different than 'in progress' and 'closed' i.e. we are software company that have different workflow:
        'not started', 'in progress', 'done', 'for testing', 'competed', 'archived'

571 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          86 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We think that each task can be only in progress, not in progress or completed but true – not in progress task can have a clarification sub-status like ‘waiting for a feedback’ or ‘postponed’ and we do consider adding sub-statuses in the future. Things like ‘Testing’, ‘Review’ – task lists can be used to handle. A task in ‘Testing’ task list will still be in progress, not started or completed because if you set it as status you will never know if actual testing phase not started, in progress or completed. To handle this in Kanban view we plan to allow to switch Kanban view to show columns as task lists in addition to by status available now. Hope it helps what is planned and what to expect.

Summary:
          - add substatuses (allow to edit them)
          - Kanban columns either per status+sub-status or task list

Please email your…

• Integrate Tasks and Time applications in Freedcamp

It will be great if for every to do you can enter the estimided time, the time used in the task and the % of complete of the task!
          I have used a lot of similar softwares that have this, but neither of them are as simple as freedcamp, i think that if you can integrate that as simple as you do everything it will be more than GREAT!

458 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Set estimated hours for a task

I need some way to be able to say how much time is to be spent on a task, and then to track that time as it is used. All tasks at the moment are tracked by milestones, so far as I can see. Setting delivery dates is fine, but without know just how many estimated hours are left, and how far through each task is, it is difficult to plan daily activities to meat those milestones.

320 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We will be starting it as soon as we push English locales to http://translate.freedcamp.com for community to translate and launched white label (both improvements were sponsored).

Regarding Last Tim’s comment. I see progress tracking to be totally flexible from no tracking, as now, to estimate vs worked hours and all in between.

I see it as a project creation wizard, where you create your N’s project and select how you want to track progress and have an option to say ‘Use these same settings for all my future projects’. Once set, Freedcamp will not ask you again but prompt you to a) invite people and b) show what project settings will be used, giving you a chance to jump in and change defaults.

This way we save your time, if you use same settings for all projects. Those who do not want to track progress at all will…

• Project Expenses

The ability to track expenses associated to a project.

308 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Have a webmail client built in with ability to save an email to a project

If there was an email tab that connects to a users inbox e.g. via IMAP a user could then work mostly within Freedcamp.

If there is then an email that might be of use to other users, this email could be dragged and dropped to a specific project (perhaps saved as a note?)

267 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Adding full blown email client will be very hard. What if instead we will ask you what email client you are using and develop plugins allowing to access projects and tasks from your existing email client instead?

Cheers,
                  Igor

• Global search across all projects

Add an ability to search across all projects.

252 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    planned  ·  23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • 243 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Since there are 50 votes here, I am asking everyone who is still using Freedcamp to give me a short description or a link to other service where we can check and why Wall is not good enough.

As you probably noticed, we had to disable instant notifications recently as Pusher.com removed discounts they provided us from early Freedcamp and Pusher days. We cannot afford to pull a full price as we send close to 200 notifications a minute. Team is working on launching own notification server based on open source alternative of Pusher.com called Slanger. Once done – we will enable notifications back.

Thank you for sraying with us. We are now full time – most of missing bits and pieces will be done by year end.

Thank you
                      Igor
                      Freedcamp

• Mobile app - add Discussions support

Please add Discussions to mobile application in addition to tasks

216 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Create milestones in Gantt charts

Create milestones in Gantt charts: when creating a task, it would be great to be able to configure milestones related to such a task, so it would be visually present in the Gantt chart of the related task.

189 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Please post +1 in comments if you are already on the Business plan or waiting this feature to be released to upgrade. This ‘comments’ voting will tell us how many users are realistically waiting for this functionality to be implemented.

Functionality:

Version 1
                          - enable Gantt view inside Milestones application
                          - Show Milestones in a way we show now Task Lists in Gantt view with the exception that Milestone start/due date remain the same even if tasks in a milestone are outside milestone start/due dates.
                          - show tasks which are not part of any milestone in a separate list ‘Unassigned’

It will be no global Milestones view across projects in version 1 yet and it will be no notifications related to tasks conflicting with milestones dates.

Thank you
                          Igor

• 2-Way sync with Google Calendar

I would love to be able to sync my Google calendar (both ways) with Freedcamp to allow me to see events that I create in Google Calendar in our Freedcamp, as well as items that I create within Freedcamp on my Google calendar (e.g. 2-way sync). This would be especially helpful when creating events that require invitations to be sent to people who are not Freedcamp users, (e.g. clients) and would allow us to easily duplicate events easily into other (e.g. Personal) Google calendars.

172 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Please give me an example of a system out there where you can take calendar to Google, change an event in Google Calendar for that system and see changes you have made back in that system.

Thank you,
                            Igor

• GIT and Mercurial Integration

Maybe just support popular source code hosting sites like github and bitbucket.

156 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Since everyone here is a software developer – let’s get serious about it → define scope, count how many people can contribute and either collect money directly as a donation or go Kickstarter just to add this extension for you.

Other option – one or few business sponsors who already use Freedcamp and need this extension – http://blog.freedcamp.com/2015/11/25/sponsor-feature-development-get-freedcamp-life-time-free-with-unlimited-storage/ – you will get a great deal of paid services free in return – we promise.

We know that a lot of software developers use Freedcamp to talk to clients and use other tool to manage software development process and we understand pains of using two systems.

We would love to but have no resources now to open Freedcamp to allow you guys create extensions (both free and paid) and offer them on our marketplace like SalesForce or Apple do.

It is a part of our vision but we haven’t…

• Customisation of UserRoles

Hi Freedcampgroup,

so far im very happy with your tool. but 1 think im reallyx missing is the function to set individual role permissions. just a simlpe checkbox list which role is able to use which function. your predefined roles are not bad, but for several use cases i would like to have the option to define my own user roles with own rights. cazse right now setting up this project this can be a show-stopper for me :(

best regards

155 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Tasks - make them assigned/visible to User/Group/Private

Make them assigned and/or visible to User,Group,Privat...

149 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have two use cases here.

1. Making is super easy to work with clients. Clients can see only Discussion and Tasks which specifically marked as visible to them. Rest is not visible to them

2. Allowing true privacy – concept described by Caroline. Once this mode is enabled users can create private tasks and decide who they want to share it with.

@Caroline – I assume project and project group administrators should be able to see private tasks. Right?

NEW UPDATE

Probably we should move Private Tasks and Private Discussions into a separate add-on which is not available by default.

We have requests for private tasks and we have requests for disabling privacy – when a teacher in a school does not want students to create private tasks at all.

I assume functionality similar to Private Discussions we already have in Freedcamp is what you are after.

OLD UPDATE

• "Notes" tab for projects

Right now we use the Discussion board for notes, but it seems a little more than what is needed for basic notes. Re regularly like to update the project about contact that we have with our clients and having a simple tab where we can just say "Add Note" would be great. That way a list of our notes is in chronological order and easier to navigate than the Discussion tab.

145 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Possibility to attach a poll to a discussion post

It would be nice to be able to attach a custom poll at the end of a discussion post.

I think a lot of people use Freedcamp for collaborative projects where there's a regular need to choose between different options, and a poll would be way easier to manage this than everyone posting their own opinion as a comment to the discussion.

134 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All!

Should a poll have an optional due date after which voting is not allowed?

Should we send people having access to a poll who haven’t voted yet reminders and if so – how many and how often?

Thanks
                                      Igor

• Toggl Integration

Currently using Teamweek to plan out the tasks in a visual manner, and Toggl to track the time, it would be great to have this as a timer option for thing like tasks under projects.

124 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • iPad application

please develop and release iPad app as soon as possible.

118 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • 115 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions for Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base