Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

1. A task complete percentage bar that fills that particular task from left to right. Could be set by drag or 10% increments.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

Please tell us what exactly you want to see in Freedcamp from Evernote or what you want to see in Evernote from Freedcamp.

We are not Evernote users so we would like to learn from you what do you need/want to see.

Cheers,
    Igor

3. It will be nice to be able to paste a list of items in order to create multiple tasks/subtasks at once like Trello does. This will simplify a lot the process of creating tasks!

63 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. If you have a task list with all tasks assigned to the same person. Instead of dragging the name to all tasks, it would be better to drag the name to the task list so that every task is automatically assigned to that person

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Probably the best option is to release a rule-based engine where you can set any rules you want

One user will set:
    If a task is added to task list ‘Bob M.’ and is not assigned → assign it to Bob M.

Another user will set:
    If a task is added to task list ‘High priority’ change it is a priority to ‘High’ if it is not the case and assign Bob M.

5. to sync projects and tasks with todoist

59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Having a Kanban board for the Issue Tracker (similar to the Tasks) would be very valuable.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ideally story cards are physical things put on a wall but that's hard when your team is distributed! Pivotal Tracker (pivotaltracker.com) do Agile stories quite well. I'd like to have Story cards in Freedcamp so I can have everything in one place.

What are User Stories? http://www.allaboutagile.com/user-stories/
    Example of a User Story: http://www.allaboutagile.com/example-of-a-user-story/

I would find this immensely useful!

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Being able to group tasks in the to-do list by a small color box on each to-do would give a better overview on a long to-do list.

eg if you have different subprojects within on project finding the next to-do once a task is completed would be faster if each "subproject" had different color codes.

The size of the colorbox could also indicate when each task should be done?

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I'd be using issue tracker for customer enquiries not software development. So per project, I'd like to be able to edit the values of the options in Type, Priority and Status. I'd like to set the defaults for those and the Assigned to and Due date fields too.
    It would be nice to be able to set the due date based on an SLA (for the priority)

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would like to add custom images to my Project envelope shown on the dashboard. This will help decipher projects more quickly when having several projects showing up on the dashboard.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I'm sitting here on my laptop and the only way I know to have a new comment or such is my email on my phone...

perhaps just a box with a quick link.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We came to this platform in order to utilize the Gantt chart feature. We like it, but because we have so many projects, we'd really like the ability to change colors. Right now, green and blue are the only two colors shown, and it's really easy to lose track of which projects are which. Utilizing color picking options like we have for projects would be fantastic.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The ability to set overall project priorities and due dates would be awesome. Currently you can only do this for To-Do's which is great. However, when you have a lot of future projects (over 100 for me) rearranging them manually or alphabetically is a real pain. This would make future projects much easier to plan for.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I am trying to convince my organization to use freedcamp to communicate what they're busy with/working on. One of the primary objections is the unsophisticated reporting. The digest is a good feature, but it essentially amounts to a list. My manager wants reports in a specific format. Freedcamp provides all the information he is asking me for, but not in the format he wants. If I could either customize reports or export project data, I could provide him with a report he would be happy with.

This goes along with the request for an API, as well. I am a…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

If your company will be willing to sponsor this feature to deliver it sooner, we are open to provide you with great discounts and upgrades in exchange.

Regards,
    Igor

15. Adding in estimated hours as a variable, and current hours left, and see that wrapped up similar to how a Sprint is tracked. Basically, an agile Burndown Chart that is directly attached to Tasks would be hugely helpful.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be able to assign a task to multiple task groups or projects. The same task (not a duplicate) can be applied to multiple task groups or projects. This is useful when a task might be relevant to concurrent goals and when its due date and completion is relevant to multiple projects.

Example1: Include relevant tasks in a Weekly Meeting project by adding or removing only those tasks that are relevant to the current week's meeting. The tasks still exist in their primary project for execution.

Example2: A task related to updating the website can live in 'Website' project, and can…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Here's the thing - all of my clients/invoices/estimates/are in Quickbooks. I'm currently using Method CRM to time track and CRM - but THERE IS NO PROJECT MANAGEMENT.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adjust the issue tracker to also allow it to be used as a support ticket system instead of only bug reporting.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Please list what is required.

Dedicated email to allow people to email in new issues – DONE

In the scope on next change:

- allow an issue reporter (not a Freedcamp user) to respond back to update an issue

- clearly mark such comments

- clearly mark responses you are sending to an issue reporter

As a result you can use Issue Tracker:

- to let external users to report issues via email or embedded form we already provide

- to let external users to continue conversations by replying to emails you email them as a response

- to see 3 types of comments when you open an issues – internal comments, issue reporter comments, your responses to an issue reporter.

Thank you
    Igor

19. Considering that there is a timer and a Invoice tool, I would love a quick preview of some info for every projects finance, only visible for project admins. Helping to have a finance overview, specially focused on small business/freelancers finance overview, (payment is a big ToDo on every project)

• Project Budget (selected into categories: Paid, Unpaid, Finished with dates)

• Project Expenses (resting from the actual budget)

• Finance Overview/Report (getting week/month/year report of incomes and expenses)

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. A place to work around meeting agendas and set tasks, notes, and decisions.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

If we will allow to attach a Google document to an event – will it work?

Google document allows – concurrent editing, adding comments on document parts, version control etc.

Cheers,
    Igor

• Don't see your idea?