Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

it would be great to have ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. groups/projects beside each other

place groups with one project beside each othe instead of below each other.

I have a lot of groups that have one or two projects. And a few that have 10 projects or more.

So I have to do a lot of scrolling in the project view, while 80% of my screen is empty.

Can the CSS be changed so that project groups flow left to right, keeping groups together?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. CRM - Campaign Custom Fields don't work

You can view / add / delete custom fields from "CRM -> Campaigns -> Settings -> Manage Custom Fields" but...

There is no way to view or edit them! :/

They do not appear when you view a Campaign, they do not appear when you edit a Campaign - so these custom fields are largely useless!

When (if?) they do finally appear, it'd be nice to have a way for them to be listed in the main Campaign table. In general, it'd be nice to select which columns you'd like to display in the table.

Cheers,

Steve.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Task / Event Workflow

It would be great if we could create a series of tasks that are scheduled sequentially one after the other. In our projects we have repetitive tasks that get triggered from one task or event (i.e. trigger event: Meeting, tasks associated with the trigger: prepare agenda, submit presentation, create meeting minutes, etc.). We now have to create them all individually.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Roberto,

Have you ever used or considered to use Zapier? Will you be willing to use another service to automate workflow in Freedcamp? We may not have all that is required but adding Zapier triggers and actions is much simpler since we already have Zapier integrations.

Please reply in comments.

Cheers,
    Igor

4. Setting tasks dependencies across projects

It would be great to link task to another, cause it's very usual that one task in one project to impact the schedule of another.

Such as link "previous task" ou "next task after this" and so on. It would automate so much hand work.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Notify an email address in discussions

It would be great if it would be possible to add an email address (or several) for a discussions for people that are not on-board with the project or on freedcamp but just need CC info for a certain discussion. I used this on basecamp before and it was very handy. These "outside email receivers" can also reply (by email) and their comment will arrive in to the discussion thread
    Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We can only consider adding this function to only paid plans (not even paid plans trials) because Freedcamp is constantly tried by email spammers who try all they can to use us to send spam emails.

Regards,
    Igor

6. Show project name and project name when items are shown across multiple projects

Include project name next to tasks on email notifications + "My Work" & "Important Updates" on Freedcamp.com

There are many places where you can see tasks that are currently active and assigned to you, including:
    • Daily email notifications from Freedcamp
    • Freedcamp.com dashboard: the "My Work" module
    • Freedcamp.com dashboard: the "Important Updates" module

However, the associated project name is not listed next to these tasks.

My challenge with this is that we often have the same tasks assigned to us across different projects. So seeing the name of a task is not helpful enough. Need to know which…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I guess this has to be optional. For a lot of users, your use case is not applicable but will make UI much messier.

Right now everywhere you can hover your mouse and see the project name and project group name associated with the task.

7. Discussions - overview of all discussions across all projects

As there already is an overview of all tasks across the projects, there could also be an overview of all discussions across the projects.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug: iOS: Assign Task To during Add Task causes the current operation to be canceled.

Repo steps:
    1. Click Add Task
    2. Type in task description
    3. Click icon of person with + sign
    4. Select a person from the list
    Notice that you are back to what you had before clicking Add Task.

Workaround: don’t assign task until after it has been created.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Email In Due Date

It would be awesome if there was a way that we could set due dates when using the Email-In function.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for posting! Will the following text inside the email body

→ 30/08/18

1. Create design 10/08/18 <→ 15/08/18
    2. Implement design 16/08/18 <→ 25/08/18

which will create a task from email with a due date 30 Aug and two subtasks with start/due dates work for you?

Regards,
    Igor

10. Project view on calendar

Right now you can filter for individual projects and see all the tasks related to that project. What I’d really love is if I could have a project-level view, where I can just see the start/end date of the projects spanning across various weeks. That way I could look at a given month and see high level which projects the company is focusing on, and decide when I should time out the start date of a new project. Right now, I know there is an end date to projects, but not necessarily a start date (but maybe that is the…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Elizabeth,

Thanks for posting. We have just added beta Gantt for projects as part of Business and Enterprise plans. We show projects using either minimum start date or due date and maximum start date or due date set in Tasks.

If you want to try it – please start Business plan trial and email help@freedcamp.com to enable Gantt for projects since it is in beta.

Cheers,
    Igor

11. Meeting agenda template/app. A place to work around meeting agendas and set tasks, notes, and decisions.

A place to work around meeting agendas and set tasks, notes, and decisions.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

If we will allow to attach a Google document to an event – will it work?

Google document allows – concurrent editing, adding comments on document parts, version control etc.

Cheers,
    Igor

12. Print a project list or a task list

Printing a list should be so much easier than exporting to excel.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show Start Progress Date

Currently each task shows completed date & created date. If it shows start progress date, we can measure completion duration for each task

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for posting.

What if: I started task on Monday, set progress to No Progress on Wednesday, completed it on Friday and yet again set it to In Progress following Monday.

What start progress date would you like to see in this case?

May be we shall concentrate on time tracking for Tasks instead so people can add hours/minutes they worked on a task instead?

Cheers,
    Igor

14. CRM - Add email section

So you have the calls section but there needs to be an email section that for now you could at least track the emails that you have sent. Understand that connecting it to email is not on the list but just some way that I can put a note in that says I sent and email on such a date, content of it and then I can create a task to follow up. Right now I really dont see how I would do that.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Clint,

Probably easiest way for us will be to use Email In – https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/v9bab

in CRM allowing to see such emails in CRM and associate them with correct contacts inside Freedcamp’s CRM.

For emails you are sending to contacts – you can add BCC to post it to Fredcamp CRM. For emails from contacts – you can forward them to Freedcamp with email-in.

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Igor

15. Recycle - Tasks, Taskys, Discussions

I have recurring tasks that need to be accomplished each month. It would be great to have an option in Tasks, or Tasky, or Discussions where I can simply duplicate the content from a completed Task/Tasky/Discussion - Edit for the new month, without having to re-enter the information.

If this already exists, I can't find it.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow to organize projects on Dashboard Kanban style

I would like to be able to move the project cards around the Dashboard like the tasks in the Kanban boards.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatic Add-On Installation

It would be great to have an automatic installation of Add-Ons option, so you don't have to install them for every new project you setup.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Phil,

Thanks for posting.

Isn’t it similar to https://freedcamp.uservoice.com/forums/126945-suggestions-for-features/suggestions/20010001-allow-account-owner-to-set-selected-project-apps-a

We actually need to do one more step, probably, before moving in this direction. Modules like GDrive or Subtasks can only be enabled/disabled globally and not per project. We want to make even modules to be flexible and per project.

Cheers,
    Igor

19. send files to be digitally signed

I need to send files to clients and have them digitally signed. It would be nice to have this feature available in Freedcamp

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Progress Tracker

A progress tracker on that could show progress on specific tasks as well as the project as a whole

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions for Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base