Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

1. Tasks - sort by date with subtasks or task lists

Sometimes I add subtasks either under a main task (or within a task list) and the way I added them don't necessary correlate to the date I assigned them. I would like to be able to "sort" under a task, and all the substasks re-arrange in order of due date, instead of the non-organized way I entered them. I know I could manually re-arrange, but that would take a long time, and it would be nice if they could just auto-sort if I wanted!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Widget that could pull tasks by tag

I am trying to create an easy way to see what needs to be invoiced, and I was trying to use the tags to do so, but there appears to be no way to create a widget that has all tasks tagged with 'to be invoiced' or similar. Creating a widget that can filter by specific tags would be so helpful!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sub-Tasks

When a sub-task is complete allow for the sub task to be moved from No Progress to In Progress or Complete and generating the main task so you do not loose the link to the main task

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Shipping Tracker

For my job it would make it so much easier if I could track packages incoming. A lot of the tasks I have created for projects are items I may not have so I can not complete the tasks until the product arrives.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tasks - make it easier to switch between Kanban and List view

Currently the setting to switch a project view from List to Kanban (or vice versa) is hidden under the gear dropdown in the upper right of the project board. I think it would be nice to get that setting out of the dropdown and onto its own buttons to make it easier to find for first time and power users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Task / Event Workflow

It would be great if we could create a series of tasks that are scheduled sequentially one after the other. In our projects we have repetitive tasks that get triggered from one task or event (i.e. trigger event: Meeting, tasks associated with the trigger: prepare agenda, submit presentation, create meeting minutes, etc.). We now have to create them all individually.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Roberto,

Have you ever used or considered to use Zapier? Will you be willing to use another service to automate workflow in Freedcamp? We may not have all that is required but adding Zapier triggers and actions is much simpler since we already have Zapier integrations.

Please reply in comments.

Cheers,
    Igor

7. Notify an email address in discussions

It would be great if it would be possible to add an email address (or several) for a discussions for people that are not on-board with the project or on freedcamp but just need CC info for a certain discussion. I used this on basecamp before and it was very handy. These "outside email receivers" can also reply (by email) and their comment will arrive in to the discussion thread
    Thanks

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We can only consider adding this function to only paid plans (not even paid plans trials) because Freedcamp is constantly tried by email spammers who try all they can to use us to send spam emails.

Regards,
    Igor

8. Show project name and project name when items are shown across multiple projects

Include project name next to tasks on email notifications + "My Work" & "Important Updates" on Freedcamp.com

There are many places where you can see tasks that are currently active and assigned to you, including:
    • Daily email notifications from Freedcamp
    • Freedcamp.com dashboard: the "My Work" module
    • Freedcamp.com dashboard: the "Important Updates" module

However, the associated project name is not listed next to these tasks.

My challenge with this is that we often have the same tasks assigned to us across different projects. So seeing the name of a task is not helpful enough. Need to know which…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I guess this has to be optional. For a lot of users, your use case is not applicable but will make UI much messier.

Right now everywhere you can hover your mouse and see the project name and project group name associated with the task.

9. Email Notifications - list of improvements

Managing email notifications is not intuitive. Email notifications are without a doubt, overwhelming as they are issued for every, every, every little thing. Freedcamp generates way too many notifications.

Notifications go out for change of status, for change of assignment and so on, yet it is not crystal clear in the email that gets received as to why exactly the notification is issued because the notification contains the entire task -- task headers and entire comment thread. My clients hate the email notifications and therefore disregard them completely. I have setup Gmail filters to essentially send all/any incoming Freedcamp messages…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Will it help if we allow to invite people and define their notification level for projects you invite them to? In this case, you will invite people with ‘none’ and they will be using a new Notifications page to catch up?

10. Discussions - create Discussions Board

Similar to Tasks Board - show recently updated, new discussions posted, unread comments in discussions you follow as a default.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Email-In - allow to set start and due dates via email subject

It would be awesome if there was a way that we could set due dates when using the Email-In function.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for posting! Will the following text inside the email body

→ 30/08/18

1. Create design 10/08/18 <→ 15/08/18
    2. Implement design 16/08/18 <→ 25/08/18

which will create a task from email with a due date 30 Aug and two subtasks with start/due dates work for you?

Regards,
    Igor

12. Events - allow linking discussions, tasks and issues to a meeting

A place to work around meeting agendas and set tasks, notes, and decisions.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

If we will allow to attach a Google document to an event – will it work?

Google document allows – concurrent editing, adding comments on document parts, version control etc.

Cheers,
    Igor

13. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. CRM - Add email section

So you have the calls section but there needs to be an email section that for now you could at least track the emails that you have sent. Understand that connecting it to email is not on the list but just some way that I can put a note in that says I sent and email on such a date, content of it and then I can create a task to follow up. Right now I really dont see how I would do that.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Clint,

Probably easiest way for us will be to use Email In – https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/v9bab

in CRM allowing to see such emails in CRM and associate them with correct contacts inside Freedcamp’s CRM.

For emails you are sending to contacts – you can add BCC to post it to Fredcamp CRM. For emails from contacts – you can forward them to Freedcamp with email-in.

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Igor

15. Projects Board - support drag&drop to reorder projects

I would like to be able to move the project cards around the Dashboard like the tasks in the Kanban boards.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple organizations within an account

Just like in Asana. This way, you can have one instance/organization for work, one for personal, or multiple for multiple jobs, etc. The best way of doing this now would be project groups such as Work1 - Project A, Work1 - Project B, Work2 - Project A, etc...but this gets clunky. Having different organizations, like in Asana, would be a huge benefit!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Zack,

Thanks for posting:)

Asana/Slack organisations/teams create completely separated silos of things you will never see together. Correct?

So you are proposing to separate instead of adding, for example task groups tags and be able to separate (filter by tags),but also easily be able to see all your tasks across multiple jobs together.

Interesting ….

Cheers,
    Igor

17. All in one email for featured task

Last day, i added ~30 tasks in my project, were small tasks that have to do (for example) Sunday. Today, i received 30 different email for each task :) My suggestion is .. can you combined in to one "big" email?

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Zlatko,

>Yes, i agree it’s rare case when will have 30 tasks for day, but when there are only two/three/etc tasks, it is better to obtain a single email with that information, not separately :)

Most likely – yes but for those who like to flag individual emails with reminders with a follow up icon in Outlook setting a due date or adding a star in GMail it will be hard to do as one email will contain updates on multiple actions.

So we lean towards combining updates and sending all of them every few hours but also giving users an option to go with individual email reminders per item (task, discussion) but changes will still be combined when done in 30 min intervals. It means if 5 people commented on a task in 30 min interval, someone changed status and a due date – everyone following that task…

18. Gantt View: auto-adjustments

Can we do something to automatically adjust the duration or due date of a task that is dependent on another task or subtask? What if the task or subtask it depended on slipped it's due date? There is no auto adjustment to the project schedule of the connected task. This is the strength of MS Project that is critical.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

As we noted in Gantt beta notes here – https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/hJbab :

“No auto or even manual adjustments in this version. Auto-adjustment forward is when task completion is overdue and all start dates for dependent tasks start moving forward automatically. Auto-adjustment backward is when task is finished sooner all start dates for dependent tasks are also automatically moved backward so they can be also started sooner. Manual adjustment is when B depends on A and you drag A forward it pushes B forward too (same if you drag A backward) – manual in this definition is that you are making changes but Gantt understands dependencies and moves dependent task accordingly.”

We will probably start with manual adjustments:

If B depends on A:

- you drag A forward, B will also move forward (if B has no other dependencies preventing it)

- you drag A backward, B will also move…

19. Contacts database (only a basic one)

An area for adding basic contacts so you can attach a digital business card to a task so the person dealing with a particular job can view client contact details relating to the task for example.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Regarding status – we do not plan to add it soon. As you can see it has 15 votes. We have features voted by 500+ people and we are a very small team.

However if your company is willing to sponsor this feature – please contact igor@freedcamp.com. We will make sure we compensate you for helping us to make Freedcamp better.

As I understand it will be enough to add extra fields to user’s profile which are easily available on avatar click anywhere in Freedcamp which will show information user’s shared like phone, address, email etc. and may be a new view in manage projects to show/filter/search users and display they information.

Is it correct?

Cheers,
    Igor

20. ToDoist integration

to sync projects and tasks with todoist

55 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)