Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

it would be great to have ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Custom Fields - allow multiple users be able to add Custom Field Templates

Presently, only the account owner can add custom fields, which can then be assigned to a project by other users. This is hugely frustrating and time-consuming for that one person, so multiple users need to be given these permissions. I know you're working on a SysAdmin function that will allow other users the option. The sooner that is released, the better.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Discussions - Visual Cue of New Comment

Currently, there's a small notification in the top right corner when a discussion thread has a new comment. I'd love to see a further visual cue on the main discussions page when a new comment is added. Perhaps the discussion title becomes bold, or the discussion topic floats to the top of the list (or both?) This would be very helpful for those of us with many discussion threads simultaneously running.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on brand new more dynamic and less click required UI. First pages to be released are Notifications, Homepage, and Recap and we already started a new design for Discussions (the 1st app done with new UI), which will address this and more – you will have two views – standard (similar to what you have now) and smart view where you will see all recent updates, mentions, new discussions started etc. so you will get an immediate overview where people were actively posting and how it relates to you – what you follow and where you were mentioned.

Regards
    Igor

3. 17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Managing Freedcamp Users

I couldn't see any place to manage all existing Freedcamp users. There should be a place to see all existing users in our system and we should be able to manage them. Can you please help?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Estimation and Spend time

Estimation time required while creating the task and spend time is updated in progress and after completion of task.

Helps to track the task progress and deliver as per the time schedule

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set estimated hours for a task

I need some way to be able to say how much time is to be spent on a task, and then to track that time as it is used. All tasks at the moment are tracked by milestones, so far as I can see. Setting delivery dates is fine, but without know just how many estimated hours are left, and how far through each task is, it is difficult to plan daily activities to meat those milestones.

319 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    22 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fewer emails when tasks and issues are updated

We love that Freedcamp sends emails when Tasks and Issues (in Issue Tracker) are updated. However, each time a task or issue is updated, we will receive at least 2 emails: 1 stating the issue was updated, and the other with comments. It would be nice if there was 1 email for each update noting what was changed (usually the status) as well as comments (if any were added).

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Katie,

We will change a way it is done. All changes done during 30 min or so(1) interval by one or different users will be combined into one email.

(1) – if users keep updating an item we will not wait more than 30 min and will send email with all changes made. But, if there were 7 updates in the first 5 min interval, for example, and no more updates in 5 minutes – we will send email in 10 min with 7 changes made on item. This approach can adapt and wait just a bit longer if people are actively participating collecting updates to send fewer emails, while still limited to 30 min chunks of time to make sure you haven’t missed important conversation by receiving email update too late.

Do you like this approach?

Cheers,
    Igor

8. Tags - allow to tag projects

Also, allow to filter and see only projects with selected tags

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Keep project links constant

Now if you move a project to another project group, its URL changes because it uses the group name in the URL. It would be nice to have a constant URL for project regardless of its group

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

It is specified and planned but not as a high priority task.

For example:
    https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp/123456/Freedcamp_Devel/987654/todos

where numbers will define a link and text will update in links as you rename a project or a project group – in fact you can type anything in URL and if numbers are correct you will see a page.

So:

https://freedcamp.com/FC/123456/FC_Devel/987654/todos typed in browser will open the same page so you can rename project and a project group and have a new link while all old links will continue to work as well.

Other option is to do what other vendors do. For example Asana and Basecamp use this:

https://3.basecamp.com/3216966/projects/315241
    https://app.asana.com/0/4012636049122

If you want to change URL simply email help@freedcamp.com and we will do it but now it will make all links including already posted in comments in Freedcamp to become invalid (just FYI)

Cheers,
    Igor

10. Most recent comment at the top (reverse comments order)

In some To-do's we have more than 10 comments, and its sometimes annoying having to scroll down to the bottom of the page to read the most recent comments, specially when it is a very active one. It would be great if you could have the option to choose from "descending" or "asceding" ordering depending each project.
    Cheers

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will add most recent comment on top later.

The only problem we see with it is – if you have 5 new comments you have to scroll down to see first one and scroll again up to a top of the page, read last unread comment and post own one.

What was done
    - scroll down arrow on top which will scroll page for you.
    - if you have 5 unread comments this page will scroll down to the first unread comment.
    - unread comments will be marked clearly on a page.

When you open an item you will immediately see if it has unread comments. Also these comments will be marked as read on your Notification page automatically.

Regards,
    Igor

11. Ticket support

Adjust the issue tracker to also allow it to be used as a support ticket system instead of only bug reporting.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Please list what is required.

Dedicated email to allow people to email in new issues – DONE

In the scope on next change:

- allow an issue reporter (not a Freedcamp user) to respond back to update an issue

- clearly mark such comments

- clearly mark responses you are sending to an issue reporter

As a result you can use Issue Tracker:

- to let external users to report issues via email or embedded form we already provide

- to let external users to continue conversations by replying to emails you email them as a response

- to see 3 types of comments when you open an issues – internal comments, issue reporter comments, your responses to an issue reporter.

Thank you
    Igor

12. Tasks - more Progress Status Types

It will be great if you add task statuses different than 'in progress' and 'closed' i.e. we are software company that have different workflow:
    'not started', 'in progress', 'done', 'for testing', 'competed', 'archived'

664 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    96 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We think that each task can be only in progress, not in progress or completed but true – not in progress task can have a clarification sub-status like ‘waiting for a feedback’ or ‘postponed’ and we do consider adding sub-statuses in the future. Things like ‘Testing’, ‘Review’ – task lists can be used to handle. A task in ‘Testing’ task list will still be in progress, not started or completed because if you set it as status you will never know if actual testing phase not started, in progress or completed. To handle this in Kanban view we plan to allow to switch Kanban view to show columns as task lists in addition to by status available now. Hope it helps what is planned and what to expect.

Summary:
    - add substatuses (allow to edit them)
    - Kanban columns either per status+sub-status or task list

Please email your…

13. Have a log of a task activity including what, time stamp and who did it for every change in the task.

Will enable trackback activity when you have issues.
    For example:
    1.I have completed a task. Later on I found an issue with the system. I don't remember if I made the task before the issue or after.
    2. Someone marked the task completed. I don't know who did it.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi All,

We are resuming work on this now. It will improve what we show on Notifications page for all plans but Activity/History tabs will be added to all paid plans only.

Cheers,
    Igor

14. Ability to add an time estimate to a task and also to store the Time when the task was marked as in Progress/Started

There should be a possibility to add an estimate on how long the TODO/Task should potentially take, while adding.

Track also the date/time when the TODO/task was Started (similar to one where it tracks when it ended) or even allow the same to be specified at any other point of time.

Also display the time difference between the "started" and "completed" times for the task

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Assign task to more than one person

Currently you can only assign a to-do to one person or every person.

It would be great to be able to assign a to-do to 2< people.

1,023 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    103 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Custom colour themes

More colour in the design to make navigation easier.

In a previous job we used Asana and I was all at sea with it, until I discovered the themes that could be installed. They helped me visually sort out the sections quickly.

Freedcamp is not nearly as complex but I think it could look more attractive.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make wall available to guests

The wall looks a great "Facebook" style place for my customers as a simple requirements document for new projects (needs to be a separate wall per project though - as requested elsewhere). Then they, as guests, can use issues and the wall to follow and input into a project.

I'm a freelancer with lots of small customers - the above would be the perfect setup, and better than myriad emails etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Projects page - activity indicators

Add number on top of each icon to indicate how many open things (e.g. tasks) there are. Even something like an exclamation point to indicate there is something new in that section of that project. Would be more efficient to see if I need to go into the project or not.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We will release new home page which will bring this information and will update Projects Board shortly after that after receiving your feedback is what we picked up as important is considered as such by you – our users.

Regards,
    Igor

19. Separate Walls for separate Projects

Currently wall concerns all projects, and we do not have option to easily exchange informations in regards to specific project, because i see comments concering one project in other projects wall. Lots of comments --> chaos. I mean - we could use one group wall, but on project walls we would like to see projects only coments. There could be easy option (the same as privacy) - When wall post is filled in projects wall - then on default should be visible to that projects wall. Optional button: "visibility" (with options: project / group) would do the trick.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are not sure if we will address this in V3 (which already does change this by offering actual Project Wall/Pages) or in V2. I will discuss with my Team as we agree with all the points brought here especially when it comes to clients.

20. Tasks - allow to see tasks not grouped by task list/project

I would like to be able to see all upcoming high priority tasks in order, regardless of associated project in the tasks dashboard. The filtering helps, but the project title takes up valuable space. Perhaps it could be inline with the task somewhere

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions for Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base