it would be great to have ...

Checklist inside a task - without exposing them as subtasks

Just like a bulletin list but you could cross check the bulletins you completed.

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tuomas shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminFreedcamp (Feedback Squad, Freedcamp) commented  · 

@Charles - you can collapse all subtasks and we do show not a progress bar but 3/5 which means 3 subtasks are completed from 5 existing.

Otherwise, system's becomes just unmanageable - you can have 5 subtasks and a bullet list attached to a task with 10 entries and now there is a need to show two progress bars etc.

I will keep this idea posted to see traction.

• Charles Sprickman commented  · 

I get this - without thinking about how I should or shouldn't use the platform, I found myself putting most of the task's work in the title and then doing a bullet list as the only "contents" of the task.

The strikethrough idea is nice, but not automated or visible when the task isn't expanded.

For example, in list view, imagine you could had a "progress bar" for the task that correlated to the percentage of checklist items are completed. Would be very easy to see at a glance how much is done.

Alternately, maybe find a nicer way to show subtasks (collapse and replace with a progress bar)?

Feedback and Knowledge Base