A lot of my to dos are duplicates of a task but with slightly different specific information such as ad numbers or names to be completed. Would make adding them a lot faster to simply be able to copy the whole the whole to do and simply change a couple of words.
We will update https://freedcamp.uservoice.com/forums/126945-suggestions-for-features/suggestions/10032216-move-or-copy-tasks-in-the-same-or-another-project when ‘Move’ action is added and post here a status update when copy task list action will be completed later this month.
It is actually live now - https://twitter.com/kryltsov/status/977206022765928448
John Liska commented
@Igor: great work. This is a key feature, one that will be used frequently by a lot of Freedcamp users. Looking forward to the v1 release!
Please note that this is version 1 and decisions we made do not require any selections and a common sense approach. We will release wizard-based version later where you can reassign people when copying or invite them to a destination projects at the same time, decide if you want to copy comments etc.
In that future version you will still have this interface but will be allowed to go 'advanced' mode and make your selections - like shift start/due dates, remove time entries which will be supported by then :) and many more.
What is supported?
– Subtasks – copied. All notes below equally apply to premium subtasks as well.
– Created By – always copied regardless if a creator is in a target project or not.
– Created Date/Time – always the same as a source task so we don’t end up with date completed less than date created.
– Due Date
– Assigned To – removed if a user is not in the target project or have read-only profile. Also, all assignees in a task or its subtasks will get notified about new task/subtask assigned.
– Start Date
– Completed Date
– Progress as % completion – yep we have this option on Freedcamp Business.
– Files – since we support file versions we decided to copy the last file version only. Comments for files attached to tasks and posted in Files application, if you use them, are not copied.
– Custom Fields – copied if same custom fields are enabled for a target project.
– Link to a milestone – not copied.
– Subscribers/followers – copied if part of a target project.
– Comments – copied as well as files attached to those comments.
– Dependencies – Business plan users can set dependencies. We only copy dependencies between tasks and subtasks copied.
If a task and/or subtasks have files attached copy process is completed in the background and you receive an email when completed. It should not take more than 2 minutes. If no attached files – you have a new copy instantly ready.
We will be adding an ability to copy subtasks next week.
I will post in blog and update Tasks documentation on Monday
Sorry, follow-up question: Will only the task and subtasks be copied (with no user assignments), or will the users assigned to those tasks/subtasks be copied over as well?
Fantastic! I appreciate it!
@Jason - we should have it enabled by Monday and it will appear with the contextual menu next to 'edit task'
When this is released, where will this new feature appear in the interface? With the green "Add Task" button? With the contextual "Edit Task" icon for each task? Or will there be a new button/icon added to the interface?
Update: It will released tomorrow for staff and turned on for all mid week
ETA update on stage 1?
Barbie Rodgers commented
Any update on expected date for this?
@Megan - copy project is part of Freedcamp Business plan https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/Ogaab you can try it for 2 weeks here https://freedcamp.com/pricing
Megan Zlatohlavek commented
Vote for me! I would also love to be able to copy a whole project. I have a very similar template of dates and deliverables that can be used for a number of projects
Yea!! on reading that task groups and 'lists' may be copied. This is something I need every week for setting up courses and will save me a bunch of time. Thanks.
Yes. Need to be able to reassign a task to a different project. Need it all the time with the way we use FreedCamp. When will this be done?
David Friedlander commented
This would be a great feature addition. The following is a common scenario for us: We have a very common type of task (e.g. hosted lunch event; webinar) that has a fairly standard set of tasks - really a standard checklist. Whether it's the ability to create a "task list template" or clone an existing list, it would help a lot so we don't need to spend time recreating the same task list several times a month.
I definitely vote for this.
I vote for this
Jette Kristiansen commented
I vote for this