Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

1. Tasks - assign a person to a task list so that every task in that list is automatically assigned to the person.

If you have a task list with all tasks assigned to the same person. Instead of dragging the name to all tasks, it would be better to drag the name to the task list so that every task is automatically assigned to that person

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Probably the best option is to release a rule-based engine where you can set any rules you want

One user will set:
    If a task is added to task list ‘Bob M.’ and is not assigned → assign it to Bob M.

Another user will set:
    If a task is added to task list ‘High priority’ change it is a priority to ‘High’ if it is not the case and assign Bob M.

2. Tags - make visible on task overview pages

I'd love to see tags (optionally) visible when viewing task "overview" pages (like the Tasks Board, Widgets Board, etc).

My team often has tasks on which we can't move forward until a stakeholder provides feedback or additional materials, and sometimes this will cause the task to become overdue. However, when viewing one of the task "overview" pages, it's difficult to tell at a glance whether tasks are overdue because of my team, or because we're waiting on the stakeholder(s).

It would be nice if we could add a "Waiting" tag or something similar to those tasks, and have that tag…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tasks - add Table view

Would it be possible to add a column view to the task lists? Currently the Task name, Status, Start Date and Due Date are all crowded together. It would be nice if each was in a clearly defined column with column headers.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Calendar - add an option to hide weekends

since they are not work days.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Achieve Or Hide Completed Tasks

There has been a couple of these requests before but the suggested work arounds are not always the most helpful.

For us, we receive many tasks completed on a daily basis which is only likely to increase. It is also useful to keep the old tasks. Having a "Hide Completed" button would really help. That way we could always easily see which tasks have been completed since the last check. It would then allow us to use the filters again correctly.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The ability to import custom fields from XLS

I am moving from one instance of Freedcamp to another (I was a freelancer, now I'm employed) but the import XLS does not include any custom fields. I spent a long time copying the custom field template in the new version of Freedcamp only to realise I am going to have to manually add the data (to 142 tasks!). I appreciate this might not be needed frequently but surely it can't be difficult to allow all data to be imported as long as the fields exist in the final destination?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. CRM - add clients invited to projects to CRM

... or CRM clients to projects

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. a way to see when a user on a project last logged in

As a project administrator I would like to be able to see when each user on the project last logged into freedcamp so that I can tell when they last accessed the system and therefore know who needs to be spoken to about working on their assigned tasks

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tasks - sort by date with subtasks or task lists

Sometimes I add subtasks either under a main task (or within a task list) and the way I added them don't necessary correlate to the date I assigned them. I would like to be able to "sort" under a task, and all the substasks re-arrange in order of due date, instead of the non-organized way I entered them. I know I could manually re-arrange, but that would take a long time, and it would be nice if they could just auto-sort if I wanted!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tasks - allow excluding weekends

It would be great for longer duration tasks (1 week plus) to allow weekends to be excluded. This way, you could track a longer term task, while keeping an accurate agenda which would either include weekend work or not as appropriate.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Projects Board - groups/projects beside each other

place groups with one project beside each othe instead of below each other.

I have a lot of groups that have one or two projects. And a few that have 10 projects or more.

So I have to do a lot of scrolling in the project view, while 80% of my screen is empty.

Can the CSS be changed so that project groups flow left to right, keeping groups together?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Zapier - Action - Edit Task

Would love to be able to edit a task.
    e.g. Change assigned person if task has been edited to be at a certain stage/custom field is changed

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Issue Tracker - add import from Excel

It would be nice to import a CSV/Excel of issues from one project into another. For example, leaving JIRA for FreedCamp but not wanting to manually add all the outstanding tickets.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Email notifications creating tons of different subject lines making the inbox messy

Email notifications shouldn't create a different email subject for every change. It should be just one email subject per task and that's it.

Also it would be great if the task ID is kept in the subject at all times without it getting truncated.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to try to make the following changes soon

- add a special header Gmail now supports “in reply to” to be unique for all updates for the same item so all email notifications are threaded for all email notifications for that item (now they are not)

- beta test with Tasks only email notifications:

— change subjects to:

[Comment] – task ‘Provide new designs’ in [Mobile Applications] by Angel G.

[New] – task ‘Provide new designs’ in [Mobile Applications] by Angel G.

[Status] – task ‘Provide new designs’ in [Mobile Applications] by Angel G.

[Update] – task ‘Provide new designs’ in [Mobile Applications] by Angel G.

— send email from ‘Freedcamp Tasks’ which will allow to see FROM column in your email client and be clear what are email notifications about Freedcamp Tasks

— collect feedback and implement in all applications – Discussions, Issue Tracker, etc.

We plan…

15. Import Time Records

The Time Project Application already provides a function to export time records to .xls file, but it does not have an import function, as the Tasks Application does. Now, without this feature, employees often have to spend a significant amount of time registering their time records one by one. Using this import function as an interface for practically any kind of office software would take the usability to the next level. It would be a really useful feature to have, as it would save a huge amount of time.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Issue Tracker - include URL

When embedding the script on the website, it would be helpful for the script to include the URL when it is submitted to Freedcamp.

This way we can determine what page they were on when they reported the issue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Widget that could pull tasks by tag

I am trying to create an easy way to see what needs to be invoiced, and I was trying to use the tags to do so, but there appears to be no way to create a widget that has all tasks tagged with 'to be invoiced' or similar. Creating a widget that can filter by specific tags would be so helpful!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Purchase order - new application

Application for purchase order system

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search Knowledgebase

I tried to find out how to create a reusable template for similar projects. Tried searching the knowledgebase.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Microsoft Teams Integration

I see there is an app plug-in for Trello, which I used to use in Teams, would love to have a Freedcamp add-on for Teams!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 46 47
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions for Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base