Skip to content

Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

585 results found

1. Include project name next to tasks on email notifications + "My Work" & "Important Updates" on Freedcamp.com

There are many places where you can see tasks that are currently active and assigned to you, including:
    • Daily email notifications from Freedcamp
    • Freedcamp.com dashboard: the "My Work" module
    • Freedcamp.com dashboard: the "Important Updates" module

However, the associated project name is not listed next to these tasks.

My challenge with this is that we often have the same tasks assigned to us across different projects. So seeing the name of a task is not helpful enough. Need to know which…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I guess this has to be optional. For a lot of users, your use case is not applicable but will make UI much messier.

Right now everywhere you can hover your mouse and see the project name and project group name associated with the task.

2. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it could be really cool if you could create reminders in Freedcamp. For example, I want to email my coworker at 3:30 - in Freedcamp set up a reminder that will go off (or email or text or something) at 3:30 to remind me to do that. Do you guys think you could do that? Or is that already possible? Thank you so much!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be awesome if there was a way that we could set due dates when using the Email-In function.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for posting! Will the following text inside the email body

→ 30/08/18

1. Create design 10/08/18 <→ 15/08/18
    2. Implement design 16/08/18 <→ 25/08/18

which will create a task from email with a due date 30 Aug and two subtasks with start/due dates work for you?

Regards,
    Igor

4. Scenario:
    1. I have updated a task and am commenting the status or discussion on it, and it needs a future follow-up / further discussion
    2. I will have to manually create a task / subtask for the above.
    It would be great if there is an option to create sub task / task from the discussion/ comment

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be awesome if i could add Event to a Group not just a Project

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be great if I could create a recurring project that is due every month for instance a monthly reconciliation project or monthly reports project.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like to see the following improvements in the repeated task function:

• Improve repitition
      When I schedule a task 1 month from now, that I want to repeat every three months. The first repetition comes 3 months from now, instead of 3 months from the first starting date.

• Improve deleting the tasks
      When you want to delete a task you have to manually delete the repetition task and all the sub tasks it created. Instead when deleting a repeated task (or one of it's subtasks) you could get a notification that asks you if you want to delete A)…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Have the number of tasks completed for the day with a detailed list of what tasks they were, a pie chart of the spread between low med high priority tasks completed, an email recap that goes to the admins of the project.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are already working now on a new concept called Dashboards that will support the Summary widget (pie, bar, battery, or card output), Table, and Buttons widgets. Essentially dashboards are custom reports and you can create as many dashboards as you need with as many widgets with drag and drop capability to set your perfect layout. Eventually, Dashboards will supersede the Widgets page. Dashboards can be private, shared with all team members (new members will see it too) or selected team members. Initially, dashboards will be added to the Enterprise plan.

9. Ability to type the exact time for an calendar event instead of selecting from a drop down-menu and only in steps of 15 minutes.

I would like this because I have many calendar-events which begin at 13:10 till 14:20 for example.
    For me it would be good enough when the drop down-menu has steps of 15 minutes but with the possibility to type the exact time manually when necessary.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Managing email notifications is not intuitive. Email notifications are without a doubt, overwhelming as they are issued for every, every, every little thing. Freedcamp generates way too many notifications.

Notifications go out for change of status, for change of assignment and so on, yet it is not crystal clear in the email that gets received as to why exactly the notification is issued because the notification contains the entire task -- task headers and entire comment thread. My clients hate the email notifications and therefore disregard them completely. I have setup Gmail filters to essentially send all/any incoming Freedcamp messages…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Will it help if we allow to invite people and define their notification level for projects you invite them to? In this case, you will invite people with ‘none’ and they will be using a new Notifications page to catch up?

11. Similar to Tasks Board - show recently updated, new discussions posted, unread comments in discussions you follow as a default.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Check HubSpot implementation as an example

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. the tasks listed on the dashboard don't list what project they are for - I have "promo plan" for almost all of my projects, but when I view the dashboard or get my daily recap I can't tell which one is upcoming unless I click on the task. This clarity is necessary for efficient work. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Calendar should offer a true view of recurring tasks. Currently Calendar is only showing the upcoming recurrence meaning if I set a task to repeat from now, every Monday, ending end Oct, when i view Oct calendar, i couldn't see the scheduled recurrences at all.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would be great if we had an option to schedule zoom meetings right in the Calendar and send notifications to team members.

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sort by category (eg: vendor) and custom field

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I realize this is not a short-term request and is a major shift from how Freedcamp works now so maybe this might be a consideration for when there is a major update in the future.

I love Freedcamp, but it has felt a little off to me and I couldn't put my finger on it until today. It feels backward as I'm using it.

If I want to go into the CRM, I have to first remember which project I attached the CRM to. Same with all the major apps: files, issue tracker, wiki, discussions, etc...

It would seem to…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jody,

CRM is a project group application https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/Pgaab

You can access project group applications from Project Board https://freedcamp.com/dashboard
    They are shown next to a project group name or inside project picker – same. You do not need to go into a project to access it. Side menu inside all projects in a project group will show CRM link to the same CRM added to that project group.

You are right to the point that Invoices, Passwords and CRM should probably become global apps not project group related – you add those who you want to be able to access it by selecting from invited users or just inviting directly to Passwords without a need to invite to a project first.

Regards,
    Igor

19. It would be nice if we could have a dynamic link that would get us data about time spent on tasks. It could work similarly to Data Feed Link.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are many issues that make it hard or impossible for people with disabilities to use Freedcamp, both in the app and web versions.

We are a charity run by and for visually impaired people and we have staff who do not use because it is so difficult to navigate with a screenreader. This is jeopardising its viability for us.

I've run automated accessibility checkers on the web pages and found many errors and warnings. Many of these could be very easily fixed. As well as simply being the right thing to do this would:
    * reduce the potential of…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?