Skip to content

Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

566 results found

1. Obviously it's easy to filter on a status of "Open, Completed, Review, In Progress, Invalid". But what if I wanted to see "all issues NOT Completed".

Yes I could go in and create a positive filter "all issues with status of Open, Review, In Progress and Invalid" but it would be a lot easier to just say "not Completed" or "not in Review" etc.

Same for filtering by "User Assigned To".

We have a long list of Freedcamp users so if I wanted to see issues "not assigned to Chris" I'd need to select around 20 users except Chris. Whereas…

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting. Great idea – just need to redesign filters so we add this option without doubling amount of options in each filter category.

Cheers,
    Igor

2. Can we do something to automatically adjust the duration or due date of a task that is dependent on another task or subtask? What if the task or subtask it depended on slipped it's due date? There is no auto adjustment to the project schedule of the connected task. This is the strength of MS Project that is critical.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

As we noted in Gantt beta notes here – https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/hJbab :

“No auto or even manual adjustments in this version. Auto-adjustment forward is when task completion is overdue and all start dates for dependent tasks start moving forward automatically. Auto-adjustment backward is when task is finished sooner all start dates for dependent tasks are also automatically moved backward so they can be also started sooner. Manual adjustment is when B depends on A and you drag A forward it pushes B forward too (same if you drag A backward) – manual in this definition is that you are making changes but Gantt understands dependencies and moves dependent task accordingly.”

We will probably start with manual adjustments:

If B depends on A:

- you drag A forward, B will also move forward (if B has no other dependencies preventing it)

- you drag A backward, B will also move…

3. White board style mind mapper with hierarchical nodes, arrows, annotations, ... (like MindJet Maps)

110 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. For my purposes, individual Projects represent some concrete deliverable of worth on its own, as opposed to just steps to complete some larger effort (Tasks).

It could very well be, though, that a larger project depends upon the completion of a smaller project. This dependency project may be pursued either for it's own independent value, or perhaps only as part of a larger effort, but it nevertheless offers some value on it's own - thus it qualifies as a "Project".

It would be valuable to be able to formally link such projects together such that the completion of one is…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be a great future feature to be able to print a wiki page directly in a good format including the table of contents.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When looking at a project, it would be nice to have the ability to reorder the display of the apps in the tool bar. For instance, Milestone may have more significance than Discussions in a project, so I might want it to display more towards the front/top of the list. Yet on other projects the exchanging of files might be of greater of significance, so it should be of a more forward location.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. the date entry fields for Calendar, Milestones, Task Due Dates, etc are unable to parse dates of the following form, such that copy & pasting such values from other sources usually ends up just defaulting the field to "tomorrow". If one just clicks "OK" on the dialog before hitting "enter" to validate the field, the wrong date gets recorded silently.

The only format that is accepted is
    Dec 9, 2016 (mmm d, yyyy)

Failing formats:
    Friday, December 9, 2016
    December 9, 2016
    December 9
    Dec 9
    Dec 9 2016
    12/9/16
    12/09/16
    2016/12/09
    16/12/9

etc.

The date entry widget should be…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We have "customer" (prospects, vendors, etc) contacts who are engaged across multiple project groups. It doesn't seem proper to have to record the same actual contact information in multiple CRM groups. If the contact information changes, we'd want it to be consistent.

The engagement tracking might be appropriate to keep at the Group or even Project level, but the contact itself should exist across Groups.

There would have to be partitioning and permissioning to determine who can see which contacts, but there should be some ability to share across groups.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For hooks, I'd like to see something along the lines of, "If a task is moved to Completed, then alert me via email," or "If a new task is made, then post to Facebook."

Mainly, the hooks I'd use would concern a task being moved to a new category, or a task being completed, or a new calendar event being made, etc.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It will be a killer feature if any contributor can vote for the best answer in the discussion tool like in Stack Overflow, Quora, Disqus etc.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Here's the thing - all of my clients/invoices/estimates/are in Quickbooks. I'm currently using Method CRM to time track and CRM - but THERE IS NO PROJECT MANAGEMENT.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I would like the ability to allow designated users to see all projects in a Project Group (and all future projects in that Group) without needing to have them be added to every single project on an ongoing basis, but also without granting them Admin for that Project Group.

Generalize the notion of the permissions across a Project Group, so we can create "Group Admins", "Group Contributors", "Group Viewers", etc.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently any entry in the CRM application can either be a Contact or a Lead. The typical progression that I see on other programs is that the list of "Contacts" includes every person ever added to the listing. After emails are sent out, people who respond are added to a group called "Targets," while still also being listed under "Contacts." Another way that a "Target" is determined is as someone who shows more potential to want to buy a product than just Contacts. In most of these programs, "Targets," who end up confirming that they will be either contributing or…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to search the CRM for people with specific interests or talents to assign to a task.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To allow people on a team to write a single document together (in realtime or asynchronously) online would be a great addition to freedcamp.

One option to make this work could be to integrate etherpad, opt. with a few related plugins (images, videos and bookmarks are quite usefull): http://etherpad.org/ (or with video: https://v.etherpad.org/)

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Form that can be customized by Freedcamp account admin for the client to fill in their project details

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. It would be nice to be able to attach a custom poll at the end of a discussion post.

I think a lot of people use Freedcamp for collaborative projects where there's a regular need to choose between different options, and a poll would be way easier to manage this than everyone posting their own opinion as a comment to the discussion.

150 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All!

Should a poll have an optional due date after which voting is not allowed?

Should we send people having access to a poll who haven’t voted yet reminders and if so – how many and how often?

Thanks
    Igor

20. I'm using harvest for time tracking, I would love to get my timesheets automatically imported into freedcamp
    Thanks

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?