Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

1. I wish there was a way to get a clean, simplified view of a wiki page so it was more suitable for printing, converting to a PDF, etc.

Ideally you'd be able to configure/select what you want on the simplified view. For example I am sure some people would want to see the author of the wiki in the simplified view while other would not. But even if the simplified view just showed the title and the description, that would be useful.

Ideally the simplified view could be shown in a browser window too.

I'm not sure if I'd want…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Evernote is self-destructing. They released a complete re-write of their app way before it was ready and they are losing many many customers, including me. I have THOUSANDS of notes in Evernote. and I am trying to get off of Evernote completely. That's how I found Freedcamp and I love it.

Currently the only way I can get stuff out of Evernote without cutting and pasting is to email a note into a task list or discussion and I have been doing that one at a time. But it is a SLOW process.

Evernote can export notes in bulk into…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The Gantt chart only allows for one dependency option (Finish to Start) when there are actually four in project management
    1. Finish to Start: Predecessor must finish before Successor can start.
    2. Predecessor must start before Successor can start.
    3. Predecessor must finish before the Successor can finish.
    4. Predecessor must start before Successor can finish.

Graphical Representation: https://projectinsight.com/project-management-basics/task-dependencies

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be very if you could add dependencies directly from the edit view of a task and/or milestone. It should include the four types of dependencies:
    1. Finish to Start: Predecessor must finish before Successor can start.
    2. Predecessor must start before Successor can start.
    3. Predecessor must finish before the Successor can finish.
    4. Predecessor must start before Successor can finish.

Graphical Representation: https://projectinsight.com/project-management-basics/task-dependencies

This also directly relates to my Gantt chart feedback (here: https://freedcamp.uservoice.com/forums/126945-suggestions-for-features/suggestions/41100613-update-the-gantt-chart-to-account-for-the-four-dep)

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Each time tracker should show me the sum of all the time it has spent in "Doing" state. I should be able to override it or adjust it if I wish.

a) I click "new tracker"
    b) It picks the current time and starts at 00:00 in "Stoppped" state
    c) I can add as many trackers like this as I like and edit their values at will
    d) When I start/pause/unpause a tracker, it updates itself with the time spent, no need for data entry by a human.

I don't see why I would bother pausing or unpausing a tracker…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I was wonder if it's possible to add the web page header to the sticky headers. As it is now when you use the sticky headers the web page header moves off the top of the page. It would be great if that was "stuck" as well.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. With the option to choose project and task list. Meta title should be used as title for the task.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I'd like to be able to automatically copy a task to another project after it is marked completed.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I'd like to be able to link an entire task list to a milestone so that any task created within that list gets automatically assigned to that milestone.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the resources option available on individual projects to the Gantt for Projects overview
    At the moment, there is no method to cross-reference where resources are required across the multiple projects that we have running, other than stepping through each project in turn and exporting to png/pdf and compiling a report from all the exports - and we have typically 20+ projects at any one time

Add the Gantt options from individual projects to the Gantt for projects.
    The resources would be listed by name in the same manner and would show the number of tasks across all projects that…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hey,
    Could it be possible, when I add my calendar on google agenda for exemple, to choose to share only events titles ? For exemple, I don't want to share what projet or group of projet each event belongs to. Neither do I want the description.
    Thanks !

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In order to effectively use the Calendar app, a scheduling assistant is helpful to understand the team's availability.
    If not, another great option is to provide integration with a third party like Doodle.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For my POV, will be very useful to add the feature that permits to add a Logo for projects instead to choose just a color.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello, it would be great to be able to assign (using drag-and-drop particularly) tasks to a team where individuals on that team can easily filter tasks assigned to their respective team and can take ownership in an agile approach. Currently tasks can only be assigned to an individual user or to everyone.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be useful for us to be able to tag projects, and not just particular project elements, as this helps us categorise and eventually search/report on particular themes.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi,

If I create a daily recurring task and would like to add a time track record for today's task in progress, I can see 2 tasks of the same name to choose from and I don't know which one to choose (which one is the one in progress, today's one).

Could you please distinguish the tasks in time track record form by adding a date and/or progress status to task title?

Here is a screenshot explaining the issue: https://easycaptures.com/fs/uploaded/1329/5527812500.png

Thank you for consideration!

Best regards,

Oliver

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When muted then it will not show up again when there are updates. I constantly get notifications on tasks that I don't need to be involved with.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If you have description and attached image for a task, allow them to show up in the list view under the task instead of clicking on the task to see them.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be great to be able to create a parent task for a subtask directly from the open subtask window -- basically, the reverse of the way you can now create a subtask directly from an open parent task window.

Right now, if I create a task and then realize it's actually part of a bigger task and should actually be a subtask of that other task, there are several steps to rectify the error: I have to close the task I just created (the one I want to be the subtask), create the task that is the parent…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?