Skip to content

Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

566 results found

1. It is easy to forget to stop a timer when you just close the browser or log out. It would be helpful to avoid overrun to have an option to stop all timers if the user logs out or closes the browser.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Also please add a 'compact mode' checkbox so it uses less vertical space by not showing the number of comments and the check button, i.e. it looks just like the My Tasks widget.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. At the moment the calendar and task widgets displays only the subtask name. Having the option to display parent tasks would make the calendar more informative.

For example Task1 "clean study" has subtask "clean windows", and Task2 "clean bedroom" has substask "clean windows". So the calender would be more informative it listed. -Clean Study/ Clean windows and - Clean Bedroom/ Clean windows.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robert,

I do agree but Calendar cell has limited size. “Clean Study/ Clean windows” will probably fit but not “[BUG] Complete date shown without accounting users TZ/ Check other application where we show dates”.

may be in Agenda view and Day view only and on hover/click in Weekly and Monthly views?

Cheers,
    Igor

4. As a native Croatian speaker, I would like to see my language on the list of available translations for your great tool

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All!

We decided to start with Wall application to see how many people will participate and what issues will arise and will add more words and phrases as we go.

We would like to build relationships with most active users helping us and nominated moderator (a team or individual) which will work with us and be a trusted source managing a community of translators for a particular language. We will definitely reward most active users with great life-time upgrades and will post your names on Freedcamp’s new sponsors and supporters hall of fame page.

Thanks for helping us out! Please join here – http://translate.freedcamp.com/collaboration/ and follow the prompts.

Cheers,
    Igor
    CTO & More @freedcamp.com :)

5. personally I prefer that my new projects created from a Template be created without existing users, who are inherited from the Project Group Admins. I would like me other users to use this setting as well, but I feel they will generally forget to change the setting.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Such lag (15 min, for example) makes it possible to delete a message due to repentance without disturbing others.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Erms,

We are starting work on reducing amount of emails we send. First step will be to put intelligent threshold before a message about particular item (task, discussion) gets send.

It will work this way – min time 15 min – max time 30 min before email notification will be posted. If during 15 minutes after first change there is another one – we wait extra 5 min and if another one we wait for 5 min again until we get to 30 min. So all users will get only one email instead of current 6 after 4 comments were posted and some changes made on due date and priority of a task by 3 people.

Such email will contain all changes made during interval ranging from 15-30 minutes and details to who did what.

However we do have people who complain about 10 min delay between a change…

7. plenty of the simple task lists apps do this now

it would be a "killer feature" for me if the Freedcamp mobile app could eventually perform certain functions like this. It might actually compel me to get a smart phone.

the supported features wouldn't need to be exhaustive

*Create & Name a project
    *Create a milestone
    *Create a task
    *book Time (to a task)
    *assign self to task
    *mark task complete
    *annotations
    *create Issue

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What about a full IFrame support in Discussions etc.
    When I try to add an IFrame under the "source code" section, nothing happens.
    I'd be glad to be able to add Polls etc. via IFrame to my Discussions.
    Also the <script> tag & Javascript seems to not be working.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For security reasons it will only be enabled for paying customers who we are sure won’t use iframes to lure people to some malicious sites damaging Freedcamp’s reputation.

9. Today I wanted to jot down phone conversations that I had with my project manager. I will write down the conversation in discussion, but it would be helpful where phone cons. could be recorded by time and date

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently if I post a new discussion and I want to make it private, I have to then select all the people I want to be able to see that discussion.

This is ok for a few people but when i have hundreds of people all in different teams it makes it really hard to select the right people.

Could there be a breakdown of these people into their team member groups where we could select the whole team group which would automatically select all members of that group and then we could fine tune the list by deselecting individuals…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We have several part-time staff and would be great if we can have times when they are available/work.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All!

We decided to start with Wall application to see how many people will participate and what issues will arise and will add more words and phrases as we go.

We would like to build relationships with most active users helping us and nominated moderator (a team or individual) which will work with us and be a trusted source managing a community of translators for a particular language. We will definitely reward most active users with great life-time upgrades and will post your names on Freedcamp’s new sponsors and supporters hall of fame page.

Thanks for helping us out! Please join here – http://translate.freedcamp.com/collaboration/ and follow the prompts.

Cheers,
    Igor

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All!

Cheers,
    Igor

14. It would be great to have a timer that records the work done (screen recording) during that time.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. it would be helpful to disambiguate project categories which might be the same across different sets of collaborators if the groups displayed as:

<owner>/<group name>

instead of just the group name in both the dropdown and blotters.

It's not hard to imagine that multiple collaborators or orgs having the same or simlar project groups as they might have similar department names.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be very helpful to add an "extended" column to the invoice (quantity x rate). Also, the Total Quantity line is pretty meaningless for heterogeneous invoices (mixed product, labor). Can you create an option to turn it off? Finally, the totals should be
    * Subtotal
    * Shipping (manual entry)
    * Tax
    * Total
    * Deposit
    * Balance

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Alan,

We can do anything!

However we do not have resources and investors – http://blog.freedcamp.com/2015/11/25/sponsor-feature-development-get-freedcamp-life-time-free-with-unlimited-storage/

So we have to ask users who REALLY need something to help us and we will give you a great value in exchange in Freedcamp services back.

We do the same to about 3 non profits a day with the only difference – we do not ask anything in return from them.

Cheers,
    Igor

18. I would like to be able to direct a contact to the add contact form and them enter their own data. Of course we can't let them into the database to see or alter anyone else's contact information.

I am working with a volunteer organization that could recruit dozens to a hundred volunteers to put on an event. I'd prefer not using one of those volunteers to key in contact information from paper or electronic forms. Importing the data from a XLS is another way to accomplish this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rick,

Thanks for posting. Definitely not from PDF – I corrected to XLS.

Wouldn’t it be better to add more fields to My Account and display that information in CRM.

I am also thinking of renaming CRM to Contacts to display – team, contractors, freelancers, clients etc.

Cheers,
    Igor

19. What are the chances of creating a risk log app, basically a list of identified risks on a project with mitigating strategies, person responsible, likelihood of it occurring (low, medium, high), Severity & Impact on project if it does happen (low, medium, high), Target resolution Date

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We want to use your site but need a function that will allow us to vote on issues and proposals.

Loomio (https://www.loomio.org/) is the easiest way to make decisions together.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?