Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

1. Discussions - Visual Cue of New Comment

Currently, there's a small notification in the top right corner when a discussion thread has a new comment. I'd love to see a further visual cue on the main discussions page when a new comment is added. Perhaps the discussion title becomes bold, or the discussion topic floats to the top of the list (or both?) This would be very helpful for those of us with many discussion threads simultaneously running.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on brand new more dynamic and less click required UI. First pages to be released are Notifications, Homepage, and Recap and we already started a new design for Discussions (the 1st app done with new UI), which will address this and more – you will have two views – standard (similar to what you have now) and smart view where you will see all recent updates, mentions, new discussions started etc. so you will get an immediate overview where people were actively posting and how it relates to you – what you follow and where you were mentioned.

Regards
    Igor

2. Isse Tracker - Email in set Priority & Due Date

It would be really nice, if we could set all the settings for the issue tracker with the e-mail in function...
    At the moment I can only set the issue type but I'd like to set also a due date and the priority

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add "Build your own plan" plan

Add a possibility to customize your plan by selecting and deselecting addons.

For example, for the Freelancer plan, I don't need a new calendar add-on features, but I need issue tracker.

As you add/remove modules and applications - price per user changes accordingly

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Take Holidays into consideration

It would be great if holidays were considered when shifting dates, or the option to be able to exclude or "not work" on holidays.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Show project name and project name when items are shown across multiple projects

Include project name next to tasks on email notifications + "My Work" & "Important Updates" on Freedcamp.com

There are many places where you can see tasks that are currently active and assigned to you, including:
    • Daily email notifications from Freedcamp
    • Freedcamp.com dashboard: the "My Work" module
    • Freedcamp.com dashboard: the "Important Updates" module

However, the associated project name is not listed next to these tasks.

My challenge with this is that we often have the same tasks assigned to us across different projects. So seeing the name of a task is not helpful enough. Need to know which…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

I guess this has to be optional. For a lot of users, your use case is not applicable but will make UI much messier.

Right now everywhere you can hover your mouse and see the project name and project group name associated with the task.

6. New application - Proposals

You have a CRM, Invoices and project management. However I am still having to use a separate proposal system to send to clients - Qwilr. I am looking everywhere to find something that can handle everything and it just doesn't exist yet. This along with CRM, Invoices, Project management would be the total package.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mention for Tasks, Issues, Discussions and Files

Add ability to type @F and get hints to mention a file, @T to mention tasks etc

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Events - add events to project groups

It would be awesome if i could add Event to a Group not just a Project

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve repeated tasks

I would like to see the following improvements in the repeated task function:

* Improve repitition
    When I schedule a task 1 month from now, that I want to repeat every three months. The first repetition comes 3 months from now, instead of 3 months from the first starting date.

* Improve deleting the tasks
    When you want to delete a task you have to manually delete the repetition task and all the sub tasks it created. Instead when deleting a repeated task (or one of it's subtasks) you could get a notification that asks you if you want to…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have an overview of the number of tasks completed for each day

Have the number of tasks completed for the day with a detailed list of what tasks they were, a pie chart of the spread between low med high priority tasks completed, an email recap that goes to the admins of the project.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Email Notifications - list of improvements

Managing email notifications is not intuitive. Email notifications are without a doubt, overwhelming as they are issued for every, every, every little thing. Freedcamp generates way too many notifications.

Notifications go out for change of status, for change of assignment and so on, yet it is not crystal clear in the email that gets received as to why exactly the notification is issued because the notification contains the entire task -- task headers and entire comment thread. My clients hate the email notifications and therefore disregard them completely. I have setup Gmail filters to essentially send all/any incoming Freedcamp messages…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Will it help if we allow to invite people and define their notification level for projects you invite them to? In this case, you will invite people with ‘none’ and they will be using a new Notifications page to catch up?

13. Completed date : quick set and change

I would like a simple and quick way to set and change the completion date.
    I would like to use minimal clicks & don't bump between different GUI (visual context), want to stay focused on my process:
    a) List View : (double-)click on the icon and that sets the CompletedDate on today, then hover over CompletedDate and 'pop-up' options: clear (currently "X" on red) and "Change", second opens the date picker, set the date
    b) select date from left side (currently called "Due Date"), drag to & hold over the task, 'pop-up' show up "Start Date" - "Due Date" -…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Discussions - create Discussions Board

Similar to Tasks Board - show recently updated, new discussions posted, unread comments in discussions you follow as a default.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reminders in Freedcamp!

I'm not sure if it's possible, but it could be really cool if you could create reminders in Freedcamp. For example, I want to email my coworker at 3:30 - in Freedcamp set up a reminder that will go off (or email or text or something) at 3:30 to remind me to do that. Do you guys think you could do that? Or is that already possible? Thank you so much!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export and import Wikis

A simple way to export and import Wikis would be great to have, as it's already done with tasks. Either selected ones or all within a project.

This would be even more useful, if Markdown gets implemented, as proposed here: https://freedcamp.uservoice.com/forums/126945-suggestions-for-features/suggestions/4631507-markdown-support

The current solution is very unhandy, because Wikis are stored only within the backup file. In order to import a certain Wiki, you have to find the according Wiki file, then copy the html formated text area, create a new Wiki in Freedcamp and paste it there. This is very error-prone and time-consuming.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Wiki Templates - copy wikis

It would be great if you could create a Wiki Template that has all of the customized headers that users should populate when building a wiki page. Right now, I have to copy the headers into new wikis.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ответственные лица

Обязательно нужна возможность назначения нескольких ответственных лиц.
    Добавьте в Задачах возможность изменить ответственного.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. CRM - customize contact, appointment etc.

....or at least have the right to edit the various names being used

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Suggestions for Features

Feedback and Knowledge Base