Skip to content

Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

• or

16 results found

1. I'm not sure if it's possible, but it could be really cool if you could create reminders in Freedcamp. For example, I want to email my coworker at 3:30 - in Freedcamp set up a reminder that will go off (or email or text or something) at 3:30 to remind me to do that. Do you guys think you could do that? Or is that already possible? Thank you so much!

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For people who don't login and review their assignments, once a task has gone past its due date there's nothing to bring it back into their mind.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Within a given project it would be very valuable to be able to set up a reminder for me to do something special, e.g. "Call Derek regarding paint samples," or "Schedule meeting to discuss quality problems."

It could be done so that when I open an existing project the reminders appear, or when I log onto Freedcamp, the reminders appear so that I know which project needs my immediate attention.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A lot of tasks involves someone outside the company, like a client, a supplier, an agency, etc. So It would be great that in every task you can put a reminder (1 hour, 1 day or a specific date) to remind that the client, supplier, agency hasnt respond us. (could be a little bell from the quick menu).

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What do you think of

- replacing Freedcamp bookmarks https://freedcamp.com/Freedcamp_LxR/Freedcamp_Devel_yOf/wiki/wiki_public/view/blcab with pinned items. The difference will be – you can pin pages, comments and add a short description as to why you pinned it (optional).

- adding reminders with snooze capability – again it can be set on an item or comment with optional text. A reminder will show as a browser notification and on the Freedcamp notification page.
    Singular view to all your reminders and pinned.

Questions: Do you want to set reminders for others as well?

Workarounds: you can always use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/reminders/aplgdhgdhfeipojcjbhchmolaolealnd or similar as a workaround

5. The easiest thing would be an option to only receive notifications for comments.

Even better would be similar to how Facebook allows you to go to Settings > Notifications and there's a list of items like "Comments, Tags, Reminders...". When you click on one you get 3 options: "Push, Email, SMS" and you can turn On or Off each one.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I Use a calendar a lot to set up meeting, schedule time off, birthday reminders, vacations. it would be great to have icons or emoticons as an options for example on the birthday event maybe a birthday hat or balloon so that way of want to overview what's going on for the month you visually can see easily what's going on.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I wish Tasky would turn into a notebook.
    This notepad could have bookmarks and reminders.
    It could also be colorful.
    He could be in the app.
    The function of this notepad would be to do quick writes and then pass them to tasks or events.
    In this notepad audio notes could also be recorded.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Evernote is self-destructing. They released a complete re-write of their app way before it was ready and they are losing many many customers, including me. I have THOUSANDS of notes in Evernote. and I am trying to get off of Evernote completely. That's how I found Freedcamp and I love it.

Currently the only way I can get stuff out of Evernote without cutting and pasting is to email a note into a task list or discussion and I have been doing that one at a time. But it is a SLOW process.

Evernote can export notes in bulk into…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great to have a list of donors, contacts, comments and statut (sent, response, still waiting,...)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be very helpful to know that the Freedcamp backend actually initiated the email. Particularly with "remind client" I have no idea whether anything actually happened.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. It would be great if we can have a kind of banner positioned below the row of tabs (Task/Discussions/Milestones/Files) where the objectives, mission or vision can be showcased. It's like a reminder of why you are doing what you are doing, and what is the effect you aim to achieve. It would help to stay on track, I believe, by setting up the direction. For example, on the Tasks tab, when I see my kanban board (No progress/In Progress/Completed) I would love to be able to see my objectives for that project, so I know how close/far I am from…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. It would be a nice feature to have a message or sms alert - "Did you forget to clock out?" in case the computer sees you have been working on something for more than 24 hours. You could set it yourself to 48 or more hours, in case you are on a deadline and really are working on it for x hours straight.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I think there is a lot of value in this. We are hoping with Version 3’s api people would develop third party desktop applications to help you with type of things. So the application would track if you are still working on computer and after x minutes of inactivity can just turn time off. I will add this in our list of things to consider for improving the time application. Thank you.

14. I would like the ability to have recurring tasks show historical comments. The purpose of recurring that it happens every week (or so) and so any comments that were made would be super helpful to see so that we can look back on what happened.

Or another option would be to link the discussions with the comments to track what was discussed previously.

My use case is that I use the recurring to remind me of meetings that come up and to record what happens in those meetings.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Please use recurrent Events instead – all comments will be there historically – we use it at Freedcamp for a virtual weekly catch-up completed last week/planned for the next week (each week is one comment).

15. Currently you can track time but there's really no point to the timer feature if you can't connect that information to an invoice.
    Harvest.com does a fantastic job of this, and it has a very simple UI which reminds me a lot of freedcamps.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. From what I can tell, on the home page, the current workload section of the Work widget only shows in-progress items that have either a start date or due date assigned to them. But I often have work tasks that are "in progress" but do not have a start date or end date assigned.

I would like to see this list include tasks that are in-progress but have no dates. I can understand why they would not show up in the Agenda section. But I want my "current workload" to show me EVERYTHING across all projects that's listed as "in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?