it would be great to have ...

Tags - make visible on task overview pages

I'd love to see tags (optionally) visible when viewing task "overview" pages (like the Tasks Board, Widgets Board, etc).

My team often has tasks on which we can't move forward until a stakeholder provides feedback or additional materials, and sometimes this will cause the task to become overdue. However, when viewing one of the task "overview" pages, it's difficult to tell at a glance whether tasks are overdue because of my team, or because we're waiting on the stakeholder(s).

It would be nice if we could add a "Waiting" tag or something similar to those tasks, and have that tag visible when looking at the Tasks Board, etc., which would make it much easier to differentiate which tasks are holding on the stakeholder(s).

Thanks!

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris Edmonds shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Xander Hudson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful. I came to these forums today looking for a way that I could mark tasks as being blocked, or to filter them out, anything, just so I don't have "in progress" tasks which are assigned to me but I can't do anything with from appearing on my task list.

Psychologically its tasking not to be able to see at-a-glance that I've completed everything I'm able to complete at this moment.

If I could set a tag of 'blocked' on a task and see it in the list, that would suffice. If I could set a tag of 'blocked' on a task and then filter tasks which are NOT marked as blocked, that would be terrific, but it seems I can only create a filter to search for the existence of tags, not their absence.

Feedback and Knowledge Base