Suggestions for Features

Suggest new features for Freedcamp

Suggestions for Features

Categories

1. Having a Kanban board for the Issue Tracker (similar to the Tasks) would be very valuable.

58 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be nice if we could have a dynamic link that would get us data about time spent on tasks. It could work similarly to Data Feed Link.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I am trying to convince my organization to use freedcamp to communicate what they're busy with/working on. One of the primary objections is the unsophisticated reporting. The digest is a good feature, but it essentially amounts to a list. My manager wants reports in a specific format. Freedcamp provides all the information he is asking me for, but not in the format he wants. If I could either customize reports or export project data, I could provide him with a report he would be happy with.

This goes along with the request for an API, as well. I am a…

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are already working now on a new concept called Dashboards that will support the Summary widget (pie, bar, battery, or card output), Table, and Buttons widgets. Essentially dashboards are custom reports and you can create as many dashboards as you need with as many widgets with drag and drop capability to set your perfect layout. Eventually, Dashboards will supersede Widgets page. Dashboards can be private, shared with all team members (new members will see it too) or selected team members. Initially, dashboards will be added to the Enterprise plan.

4. Here's the thing - all of my clients/invoices/estimates/are in Quickbooks. I'm currently using Method CRM to time track and CRM - but THERE IS NO PROJECT MANAGEMENT.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Be able to assign a task to multiple task groups or projects. The same task (not a duplicate) can be applied to multiple task groups or projects. This is useful when a task might be relevant to concurrent goals and when its due date and completion is relevant to multiple projects.

Example1: Include relevant tasks in a Weekly Meeting project by adding or removing only those tasks that are relevant to the current week's meeting. The tasks still exist in their primary project for execution.

Example2: A task related to updating the website can live in 'Website' project, and can…

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. To allow people on a team to write a single document together (in realtime or asynchronously) online would be a great addition to freedcamp.

One option to make this work could be to integrate etherpad, opt. with a few related plugins (images, videos and bookmarks are quite usefull): http://etherpad.org/ (or with video: https://v.etherpad.org/)

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adjust the issue tracker to also allow it to be used as a support ticket system instead of only bug reporting.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi All,

Please list what is required.

Dedicated email to allow people to email in new issues – DONE

In the scope on next change:

- allow an issue reporter (not a Freedcamp user) to respond back to update an issue

- clearly mark such comments

- clearly mark responses you are sending to an issue reporter

As a result you can use Issue Tracker:

- to let external users to report issues via email or embedded form we already provide

- to let external users to continue conversations by replying to emails you email them as a response

- to see 3 types of comments when you open an issues – internal comments, issue reporter comments, your responses to an issue reporter.

Thank you
    Igor

8. More colour in the design to make navigation easier.

In a previous job we used Asana and I was all at sea with it, until I discovered the themes that could be installed. They helped me visually sort out the sections quickly.

Freedcamp is not nearly as complex but I think it could look more attractive.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 44 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Currently you can upload a file in many places, but I would like to have the same file associated with many different tasks, comments, and discussions. Right now you have to upload the same file to each item you would like to attach it to. That file then gets duplicated (and triplicated, and...) in the Files app, rendering that app essentially useless because of all of the clutter. I would like to be able to upload a file (and specify a version number) once, either via attachment to some freedcamp item or directly in the Files app, and then be…

43 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When you browse the todo list of a project it is hard to distinguish between your tasks and tasks of other people (unless you filter and than you cannot see the whole picture).

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The app should have a way to view and check off to-do items that are in the Tasky app, not just items that are synced to a project.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Many users reported the same bug - you want to link it to a one TODO and get issues updated once TODO is completed to update your customers reported this issue.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I'm using harvest for time tracking, I would love to get my timesheets automatically imported into freedcamp
    Thanks

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Is there a possibility to add recurring invoices? So we can add a invoice and say that this invoice is send automatically every month/quarter/year ... to our clients.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Estimation time required while creating the task and spend time is updated in progress and after completion of task.

Helps to track the task progress and deliver as per the time schedule

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Note: The original description was edited by Fredcamp staff

Possible hints we can provide here such as:

• closing a task when all subtasks are completed

• closing subtasks when a task is closed

• changing start due dates for subtasks when higher level (sub)task is changed to match deadlines for a parent task.

Ideal implementation will be to show a prompt once and if you say 'Yes' Freedcamp will start doing this action every time.

You can go to Settings somewhere in Tasks and change these prompts to stop doing auto changes or ask you every time.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Flow is used by the huge Microsoft Office 365 and part of the Power a platform that is used by huge number of users worldwide to build integration and work flows.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. At least it should offer German, French and Spanish. The world is bigger than the United States.

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The call log (and maybe other tabs) of CRM should be project specific.
    So i can see when i called someone in one view without sorting the calling log list for several projects

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?